Letting go

𝕊𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕘 𝕘𝕖𝕦𝕥𝕘𝕒𝕥𝕘𝕠 𝕥𝕥𝕒𝕨𝕚 𝕟𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕤𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕔𝕙𝕠 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕒𝕕𝕠 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕠𝕡𝕛𝕚.
ℕ𝕖𝕠𝕨𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕟𝕘𝕘𝕦𝕖𝕟 𝕟𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕙𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕤𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕒 𝕡𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕝 𝕓𝕒𝕖𝕚𝕟.

Jiang Cheng looked at Tian Xing, shocked at the turn of events.

Tian Xing held Wei WuXian and helped him sit. She looked at the whip wounds.

Jiang Cheng swore he saw Tian Xing into the 'lady' she was just a few minutes before.

"I can never forgive that woman for how she has treated you and her own children throughout the years. Ttuly despicable."

She looked at Jiang Cheng who looked pained and shocked, she opened her arms, inviting for a hug.

Jiang Cheng all but dashed towards her, stumbling her in the process. He hugged her tightly, small sniffles bubbling through his chest.

"Xing-Jie..." he called weakly, so unlike the Jiang Cheng everyone knew.

Tian Xing patted his head and ran soothing circles on his back, "It's okay, A-Cheng. We will be fine. Go alert the disciples and tell them to evacuate."
"And abandon Lotus Pier?"
"A-Cheng Lotus Pier can be rebuilt. But lost lives cannot be brought back. Today we have only lost the battle, not the war. They came prepared."

Jiang Cheng reluctantly nodded. He trusted this sister's judgement. If she said that they cannot win today, and that the Wens came prepared, then it must be the truth.

After all, she hasn't lied even once ever since they had met.

Tian Xing saw the trust in his eyes and her heart melted. She had seen in his memories that Jiang Cheng found it extremely hard to trust someone. She felt extremely humble when she understood that this boy trusted her.

'A-Cheng..I will not let you suffer this time.'

Wei WuXian's expression turned into one of horror, "Look out!"

At that point, Tian Xing snapped her neck towards the entrance and saw Wen ZhuLiu dashing towards Yu ZiYuan.

Yu ZiYuan dodged the attack carefully. She knew about the core melting hand.

Tian Xing made a mental note to cut his hands off when she got the chance to.

But right now was not any of the chance. Right now they all had to retreat from here.

Wang LingJiao scrambled towards Wen ZhuLiu and pathetically started crying and barking orders to attack.

Meanwhile the disciples were all taking their belongings and the sect's treasures and scriptures according to Jiang Cheng's command.

Wei WuXian grunted as he stood up and went to the training field running.

Tian Xing followed. She understood what he wanted to do.

Wei WuXian activated a barrier to hold the Wens out. Tian Xing helped him up.

"We don't have much time. We need to leave. Now! The barrier can only last for so long."

Wei WuXian nodded.

They went back inside the Pier. Yu ZiYuan was still fighting Wen ZhuLiu.

Tian Xing joined her.

She unsheathed 'Banshui' and tried to find opportunities to strike her.

Yu ZiYuan was a bit surprised but soon she also followed the rhythm.