First Dates

La Push...

Paul was sitting on Emily's and Sam's couch when he hears, "Paul come help me chop some wood for next week's bonfire!"

"*groans* why can't Jared do it?!" Paul hisses at him.

Sam said, "Because he just came back from patrol that you didn't want to do...now hurry up!" 

*Growls* 

When Paul leaves the house his phone rings.

*Rings*

Jared then happens to walk in and sees the name 'Riley' pop up and picks it up.

"Hello?" Jared spoke into it.

"Who's this?" Riley said with a confused tone, "I swear if Pau-"

"No wait is this Riley the new girl?" Jared spoke.

"*sighs* You'd think after a week people would start using my name instead of identifying me as the new girl," Riley sighed into the phone.

"*Laughs* so it is you the one we can't stop hearing about," Jared said as Riley said, "Look I just wanted to know if Paul's available?"

"Not at the mom-Hey when did you get in?!" Jared screamed at his girlfriend.

"Right when I heard you were about to ruin Paul's chances with her...Hey Riles this is Kim Jared's girlfriend from Art class, I'll get him for you," Kim said as Riley chuckled, "Call me that again...you know what you're the only one who's allowed to call me that outside of my uncle."

Kim then grabs Jared's arm and pulled him out the door with Emily chuckling behind them who was cooking their dinner.

"Sam! Take Jared! Paul's needed in here!" Kim yelled as they were chopping wood.

Sam said, "Jared just got back from a patrol he needs rest..."

Kim said, "Oh he's rested enough he was upstairs watching Spongebob...Now go and take Paul's place!"

"Yes...Kimmy," Jared groans as Paul whoops and jogs up while chuckling at him.

Sam then in turn stares at Jared and wonders, "Spongebob? Really?"

"Hey it's a classic don'- oh Riley got it...sorry bro," Jared states as they get to work.

Kim then hands Paul his phone while saying, "You're welcome!"

Paul stares at her and then said, "Hello?" 

"Finally how long does it take to answer your damn phone," Riley said with laughter in her voice.

"Hey! Whatever they told you while I was outside cutting wood I plead the fifth!" Paul said while chuckling. 

Riley then pouts, "Aww so you don't talk about me to your friends I'm hurt."

"Now I didn't say that but enough about me I thought you were out having girl time with your cousin?" Paul said sitting on the couch.

Riley sighs heavily, "So about that Paper White Bella went ahead and scheduled a 'date' or whatever she wants to call it with Jacob behind my back...so I'm wondering how about we move up our date to tonight...and it'll be on me since it's last minute...but if you are bus-" 

"He would love to! He'll be there at 6!" Emily shouts across the room.

Paul looks over and says, "Is everyone seriously listening in on my conversation?!"

Emily states, "Am I wrong though?"

Paul then grumbles to her, "no...I'll be there at six o'clock...but I'll be paying no if's and's or but's about it."