[ARC1/CH3] Waterfall

This place was a lot warmer and humid then the last one. "Waterfall" was a pretty fitting name, considering that there was water flowing from the walls on both sides. There was two big gaps on the right and the left, leaving only the main path to walk on. The gaps were filled with water. Monster kid was standing there alone looking over the edge. Kris walked up to them and waved.

-"Yo!" they answered. "Are you sneaking out to see her, too?"

-"Who? Undyne?"

-"Yeah! Who else? She's the coolest!"

-"She sure is," Kris answered smiling, while Mk turned around to look at the edge again.

Kris looked on the other side and saw a big blue flower just hanging there. A wave sound seemed to be coming from it, but it was barely noticeable. There was another savepoint next to it, which remined Kris that the Player might be coming any second now. They saw another sentry-station strangely looking a lot similar to the one in Snowdin.

The footsteps were coming closer and Kris didn't have anywhere to hide now. And the constant pain under the eye reminded them that the Player wasn't playing around. Suddenly, they felt their soul being picked up again and then they were in another place. They were still in Waterfall for sure, but they were in another part of it. They turned around and saw the small skeleton looking at them, his brother's red scarf around his neck.

-"Are you alright?" Kris first spoke after a long silence.

-"yeah..." he mumbled as an answer.

Kris didn't know what else to say there. They wanted to leave, they wanted to catch up on the Player, but Sans obviously didn't brought them there for no reason. Did he need to talk? Or maybe comfort? They both know that Papyrus was dust now. But... were they the best person to go talk to? He surely had other friends... Or maybe it wasn't that at all. The Player was coming after all. And now they were probably running around killing anyone who was on their path.

Sans hided his face in the scarf. "take care of yourself, kid," he simply said before teleporting away.

Kris got out of the room and looked around, only to find a weird looking bridge. Did Sans took them ahead? They started walking in the other direction of the bridge, when they heard loud footsteps. There was a monster in full armour walking towards them, summoning blue spears.

-"You punk," they heard the monster say. They knew that voice, it was... Undyne's?!

The spears started flying towards them. They dodged most of them, backing up until they felt something against their back. They reached the end of the path, it was a dead-end. They couldn't run away anymore. Undyne approached them, a spear in her hand, definitely wanting to kill them. Their theory of earlier was right, they were all going to mistake them for the Player. They put their arm in front of their face like a shield and yelled: "I'M NOT A THREAT!" Thinking that maybe she would listen, they continued, "There's two of us. I don't want to harm anyone."

She lowered her spear and Kris opened their eyes again. She was still on the defensive. They needed to make sure she trusted them. But they didn't know how. It would be hard to believe that someone who you suspect of doing a genocide is actually a pacifist, while the one actually doing it looks a lot like them, making it even more difficult to believe. Maybe by... Proving what they were saying?

-"Listen, they... they will come here, I'm not lying, you'll see by yourself if you don't believe me."

-"And what makes me trust you?" she asked in a intimating voice.