2. rhode island bound

"It's gonna be so weird flying without you"

"It's gonna be so weird flying without you". Olivia said as the car slowed to a stop outside of the airport. Mia chuckled at her friend. "You'll be fine. I know you hate how crazy I get about flying." She told the girl who nodded in agreement.

Olivia sighed undoing her seat belt. "I guess you're right, but I'll still miss you." Mia smiled, handing the girl her backpack as the blonde got out of the car. "I'll miss you too babe. Keep me updated." She called to the trunk where Olivia was grabbing bags and suitcases.

"Love you Mi!" Olivia said as she pulled on her mask. "Love you too." The girl said before drove away from the airport. With that the blonde went inside the large building preparing to get on the plane.

She easily made her way through all the steps, considering she flew multiple times a month for her videos. Every step of the way sending a text to Mia. Knowing the girl would panic if she didn't consistently receive them.

Once she made it to the terminal she put in her air pods and pulled out a book. Spending the hour before her flight boarded listening to music and reading. Of course there was the occasional fan that came and asked for a picture but she never minded.

Finally she was called to board. She put everything back into her bag and stuffed it under the seat in front of her. Checking her phone one final time before turning everything off and laying her head aside to sleep through the flight.

"Miss, we've landed." Olivia rubbed her eyes at the sound of the voice and the feeling of someone shaking her shoulder. She looked around to realize everyone had left the plane and a flight attendant was waking her up.

It had been a long time since she flew alone, normally Mia would wake her up when they landed. "Oh, thanks." She told the woman as her cheeks burned red in embarrassment. "No problem." She scrambled to grab her carry on's before rushing out of the plane.

Olivia stopped by the bathroom after, pulling out her phone to text Mia,

livy<3
just landed!

mia 😘
yay!
your ride is waiting

livy<3
cool, just have to get my bags
also the most embarrassing thing happened😭

mia😘
oh know girl
what happened?

livy<3
i fell asleep and the flight attendant had to wake me up
the asshole next to me just left me there

mia😘
babe thats terrible
but lowkey really funny
love you tho

livy<3
love you too bitch

Olivia sent her final text before going to collect all of her luggage. It was harder to carry all of her bags full of camera and ghost equipment than she expected, but she finally made it to the lobby where rides awaited people.

She looked around for whoever Mia had asked pick her up, assuming it had to be someone she knew considering she was never given a name.

Her went wide in shock as they landed on the last person she ever expected to see there. "Holy shit." She screamed, dropping all of her bags before running over to the boy. Her arms wrapped around him tightly as he lifted her off the ground.

"Sam, oh my god." She said to herself in shock once she was back on the ground. He grinned at the sight of his childhood best friend. "What the hell are you doing here?" She asked him. "I'm picking you up from the airport." He said, following her to grab all of her bags.

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What? Wait, why are you in Rhode Island at all?" Sam took a deep breath, unsure of how the blonde would take the news. "For our Hell Week finale, we're going to the conjuring house."

"No, Mia rented the conjuring house for me." Olivia told him as they got into the car, not understanding what he was saying. "Liv, we're all going to the conjuring house, me, you, and Colby."

Olivia froze at his words. "W-what?" She stuttered out. "Mia and I planned it all, I hope it's okay I know you guys haven't-" Sam started but she shook her head cutting him. "No, no, it's fine, it's great. It'll be a good finale for both of us."

But you could easily hear the nervousness in her voice. Olivia hadn't seen or spoken to Colby in four years. Not since that party at the trap house. Not since everything changed for Olivia and not for the better.