Chapter 1

Sitting with her family while watching TV,Ashley feels happier than ever."Finally!"she thought "We are a normal family."When suddenly, everything goes black. The feeling of warmth and safety she was feeling was immediately replaced with that of being cold and alone.

Her lungs were closing up.No matter how much air she inhaled wasn't enough.It became harder and harder to breathe and soon enough impossible.She wanted to yell,or maybe scream for help but she knew that it wasn't coming.

Suddenly she felt reality shift.She woke up to realize she could no longer breathe.tears going down her cheeks as she banged on the walls so her parents could hear her.Seconds later her brother rushes in the room trying to calm her down.
"What happened?"he said as he started to realize the situation his sister was in.

She couldn't speak , she didn't need to.The wheezing noise she was making when breathing explained everything.

"Shit,I need you to try to stay conscious as I call an ambulance."he said taking out his phone and dialling the number.

Ash started feeling her body go numb and vision blurry but she knew she had to stay conscious.Seconds later she felt arms going around her and words that she could barely make out the meaning of .She wasn't sure what her brother had said but it was something along the lines off"Help is coming" and "You're gonna make it, you have to".She didn't need to know any more tho.If her brother said she had to make it.She knew she would,she couldn't let him down.

She really tried.But then everything went black.

She woke up a couple hours later at the hospital bed,with her brother laying on the chair next to her.She figured he was waiting for her to wake up but fell asleep in the process.

She just started at the empty room she was in.All the beds were empty except one ,her own.What did she do to deserve this.What did she do to deserve euch bad faith.

A while later.A woman ,her so called "mother"came inside the room.

"What the actual- just happened?"she said like she actually gave a fuck for once."William!For once in your damn life answer me!"

"What the hell are you doing here?"I hear my now awake brother say."Weren't you supposed to be on holiday with your "beloved husband"?"he said as he stood up Infront of me.

"This is not the time to joke around!Ash is-"she got caught off by Wil"She's what?"he says in an angrier tone I've ever hear him speak on.

Mother reconsiders what she was about to say and with a calmer tone she says"Ash is in danger so just for this once lets act like a responsible family."she says in a really serious tone.

"You surely know alot about being responsible,dont you?"says Wil in a really calm voice ,this calm and quiet I could barely hear it.A few seconds later her replies in his normal voice."Fine, let's get her examinated and be done with this."He says as he leaves the room to find a doctor.

Mother finds this as an opportunity to talk to me.Of all people she's the person I want to talk to the least.

"Ash!What happened?"she says trying to sound caring.Yeah right."I don't know.Maybe you should had been there instead of being in some shitty holiday leaving your kids alone."I finally speak my mind.But this time was different.This time I didn't fear the consequences ."Wil is 18, he should be able to take care of his sister."She argued.This angered me even more.Thinking of the most suitable reply i heared the door open and rushing footsteps coming towards me.

It was the doctor.He told me to get on the wheelchair and get ready to have some tests run on me.Wil looked really worried and fearful that something bad was happening to me.I didn't care if something bad was happening,seeing him tearing up was worse than all that suffering I went thru the previous night.

Minutes after getting in the wheelchair,I was in a room with a young dark haired lady facing me. I didn't remember how I got there.But I figured that I probably spaced out while I was going there.I do after all space out alot.

"Do you know why you're here"she says with a really serious look."Not really."I reply in a way less serious tone."I am Anna,I am a pulmonologist and I'm here to figure out what the reasoning is behind what happened to you last night."

Fucking idiot.It was way too obvious how did I not realize.

"So Ashley"she says before I can slander myself more."Im going to be giving you this Spirometer, and You're gonna inhale as much air as you can and then exhale it with alot of force and until your lungs are out of air.Is that understood?"I nod.She gives me the spirometer and I try doing what she told me to.The first two times I failed but she was patient enough to give me one more try.

When I finally do it,I realize how bad my results were compared to average people.She takes one look at it and says "This is not really accurate either way.You will need to get blood tested to make sure."

So I did,and things weren't looking too good.She didn't need to look at it for more than 1 minute to diagnose me with asthma.