Chapter 1 The burning desition (Proluge)

"So Emma, is your leg healed?" Ray asked, Emma's broken leg. She's wearing a thick cast and crutches in both hands. She looked away before a soft, "No," escaped her lips. Ray stared, he couldn't escape without Emma, he already lost Norman so what would be the point if Emma was gone two. "Ray I already made up my mind to stay here. I made sure everyone will get out of here including you so don't let me and Normans sacrifice go to waste," she said, he noticed tears run down her eyes.

"No, I'll carry you." he cried, tears welled up in his eyes and he fell to the ground. Emma made her way to him. She looked down. "Ray...Ray, I have to make a choice me or you and I pick you. Please live for all three of us and be free," Emma cried over top of Ray, he could feel her tears fall to his head.

Ray gets back on his feet, he looks at Emma. His vision blurred from his tears.

Suddenly the door opened.

He blinked the tears away and realized it was Thoma and Lani. They held clothes, meat, and hair. They placed everything on the ground and looked to Emma. "Emma you should get outa here since you can't run," Thoma said, his voice trembling at the words. She nodded and began to make her way to the door.

She left the room, waiting for the plan to be set in motion. She made it to the stairs and began to slowly descended she thought back to months prior, how she wanted to never leave and in a way her dream would come true, she would never leave now.

She made got to the bottom floor and that's when she heard footsteps. "Emma," It was Gilda and Don. "Hey guys," Emma said, she turned around to face them. "Emma are you sure you want to do this," Gilda questioned. Emma nodded, " I don't want any more of a family to die." Emma said, Gilda looked at Emma, she was clearly putting on a brave face. "But Emma we need you," Don cried. "Your going to be fine, but please promise me your gonna be their for Ray," Emma said, she needed to know that Ray wasn't going to be alone. "We will," Don replied. Gilda opened the door as they did so sadness filled them. Don held the door open, Gilda began to light a lantern and Emma could only watch.

Emma sat under a tree, she watched as the house was set ablaze, the embers of Grace field would lay on the ground. Everyone began to run out. Everyone was so focused on the escape, she felt pride in that they would get out. That's when she saw Ray run out, the two exchanged a look. She could see in his eyes he didn't want to leave her behind. Emma gave him a smile, he gave a nod and began to run out. As the fire grew she began to worry, Isabella hadn't come out with the kids four and under. Did she decide to abandon them? She panicked since everyone else was leaving and she couldn't do anything. That's when she saw Phil and the others. "Over here everyone," she called out to the kids. They ran to her, many crying. She looked at Phil, the look in his eyes where different, he knew the truth, he knew she would die soon.

Isabella ran out frantically looking around for kids. They all cried out for her, she ran over to them. All of the kids hugged her and where scared. "Where's Ray and the others?" They all cried worried for the other siblings. "Don't worry I'll bring them back,"   Isabella said trying to comfort them. She looked at Emma, she knew Emma was involved in their escape but she had to focuses on getting the kids back. "Emma watch them," Isabella said as she began to run to the wall. Emma didn't know how to feel, her childhood home was burning to the ground and she would be eaten by demons.

Ray stared at the at the gap, His clothing hanger in hand, it didn't feel real at all, he was so close to escaping but it didn't feel right. "Ray," he heard the voice of his mother, he turns his head and it's her, Isabella. "Ray, please don't go," she said, her hair blowing into her face. He stared at Isabella, "goodby mom," he said before finally jumping off and zipping his way to freedom.

Emma slowly opened her eyes, she was in a plane room, it was similar to the medical room at the house.  She heard footsteps, then the door opened. An elderly lady wearing a plane black gown entered. "Hello Emma, you may call me Grandma," she said, Emma was on guard, she didn't trust her. "Isabella told me a lot about you and how fantastic of a mother you would be, your also very smart," she said with a chuckle. Emma kept quit waiting to see what Grandma was after. "You see Emma, Isabella recommended you to our in our wonderful training program, so we have instated you," Grandma said, she pointed to her chest and she looked to Emma, waiting for her response. Emma was shocked she quickly went to check her chest, she was shocked, she didn't know what to say, she had a scar right overtop of her heart. " you will stay in the recovery unit before you start training," Grandma said then left. Emma had nothing to say.