Prologue

Alexa's POV

It's been awhile since I've been here, brings back so many memories. I was driving down to the house, it really has been awhile. I'm glad to get some time to myself, I really needed it. With all this bullshit going on I needed to get my head together. I get outta my thoughts when I arrive to the house, and I'm super nervous. I turned the car off, got out, walked up to the door and knocked. I heard someone coming to the door, unlocking it. I was expecting to see someone else answer the door, but he answered it.

"Hey Lexi. How are you?" he asked.

"I'm fine" I said, this is getting awkward.

"That's good. Well I'll... call the kids then" he said walking away.

"Guys, your mom is here. Go get your stuff!" he yelled.

I looked at him for a moment, he trimmed his afro, he's gotten very muscular and toned, and his face looks even more handsome.

"You want something to drink while we wait on them?" he asked walking up to me while rubbing the back of his neck.

"No I'm good"

"Well... do wanna sit down then?"

"Sure"

As I was walking to the couch, my foot snagged on the rug. I lost my balance and fell forward, but before I can hit the floor, I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me.

"Are you alright?" he asked as he pulled me into his chest.

"I'm fine" I said as I looked up at his face, getting lost in his eyes.

He stares at me with his big, brown eyes that always make me melt. Our staring contest was causing a lot of heat between us, and is making me moist. He slowly leans his head forward, but I push him back.

"You know we can't do this" I said looking down.

"Right sorry" he said, letting me go as the kids come down the stairs.

"Mom!" they said in unison, hugging me.

"I missed you guys. Did y'all miss me?" I asked

"We did" Rosalinda said.

"Alright, now come on lets go home" I said, leading them to the car.

"You don't have to bring them this weekend, spend as much time as you want" he said.

"Thank" I said, getting this award tension again.

"Well...I should be going now"

"Alright, it was nice seeing you again" he said.

"Likewise" I said, walking to the car.

I got in the car, feeling his stare on me. I stare for a short moment before starting the car. I back away from the driveway, looking at the house that used to be both mines and Jacob's. Once I got out the driveway, I start the dive home.

"Mom?" Primrose called.

"Yes baby?"

"When will you and daddy get back together?" she asked, something I was hoping to avoid.

"I don't know sweetheart. To be honest, I don't think we will ever get back together"

"Why?" Javiero asked.

"We just couldn't get along when we were married, and that's all you need to know"

"So it has nothing to do with the fact that dad slept with that bitch?" J.J. asked

"Jacob!"

"What? You know it's true. To be honest I rather you not get back with dad" he said looking out the window.

"Look, I don't care how you feel about her, you still have to show her respect. She lives with him now, so you will be respectful" I said.

"Whatever" he said.

This is one of those moments where I wish Jacob was still with me cause he has a better handle on Jr. than I.

Being divorced is stressful...

Hey allyuh, it's the new authourJonathan and I just wanna say I'm sorry it took so long. Writing a sequel is harder than I thought, but I kinda have an idea of what I wanna do with this book. To let allyuh know, update will probably be slow, anyone who has read my book "Life Debt" would know. So please don't be too vex and don't rush me. So hopefully allyuh will enjoy this book.

So how was this chapter: good, bad, ok? (give feedback, don't be negative)

So how do allyuh feel about Alexa and Jacob being divorced?

Do allyuh agree with this?

Do allyuh think they will ever get back together?

Should they get back together?

What was the cause of their divorce?

Why didn't they work it out?

How do allyuh think the kids feel about this?