1. Living Single

Alexa's POV

"So, how was your one year vacation?' Kylie asked.

"Emotional, yet peaceful at the same time" I said.

"What did you do? Where did you go? Why didn't you invite me, your friend?" she asked playfully pouting.

"Well I went to Dominican Republic, exploring the island, enjoying the scenery, and having a good time. Oh, I also got my hair braided, or twisted" I said.

"Can I see?" she asked, sipping her lemonade.

"Sure" I said, unwrapping the wrap from my hair and letting my twists fall.

"Wow, what kind of style is that?" she asked.

"Havana twist I believe, or how the lady said it, Habana twist" I said chuckling.

"Really? So where did you buy this hair?" she asked, grabbing some of my hair.

"Um, genetics"

"Damn, why'd you let your hair grow that long?"

"Cause I didn't feel like cutting it like most heartbroken women do" I said.

"Speaking of broken hearts, how are you doing?" she asked.

"Taking it one day at a time, but it's so hard"

"Why?" she asked.

"Because I'm alone. I'm doing everything by myself, for real this time" I said.

"Why not ask Jacob for help?"

"Mi no waa foo chat foo im" (I don't want to talk to him) I said.

"What? You I don't understand that Bahaman shit" she said.

"I don't want to talk to him"

"And then you wonder why you're so stressed. If it's such a big deal, talk to his mom so she can tell him for you. Just a thought" she said.

"I'll think about it" I said.

"You do that. Now o my next question, have you see Jacob lately? I know it's been about two years since the divorce, but I thought you might've seen him around"

"I saw him when I went to get the kids" I said.

"What'd he look like?"

"Why do you wanna know?"

"Cause they say when you have a bad breakup, your partner look a hot mess"

"If only, he didn't look nothing like that. When I saw him, he looked so good. His afro is trimmed, he looked a bit lean, but muscular, skin looked flawless, he grew a mustache and chin hair, he just looked like walking sex" I said, spacing out.

"Walking sex? Are you horny love?" she asked, chuckling.

"Tbh, I'm sexually starving" I said putting my head down on the table. 

"There, there, it'll be alright" she said, comforting me.

"Hey, since you're now legally single, why you and I go have a girls night?"

"I just got back, and I would like to spend some time with my kids. Maybe another time"

"Ok, what about dating?" she asked.

"I don't think I'm ready to go back into a relationship, not after what happened in my marriage"

"You know, you're gonna have to let that go at some point. If you let it dictate your life, you'll forever be unhappy"