Introduction to the Realm

Note: Read it carefully and attentively. It will help in unraveling the story in the future chapters.

-

Our story is set in a fictional universe, sometime during the medieval Era, where humans have no power and are under the control of magical beings who have claimed different thrones of various kingdoms.

Out of all these magical creatures, the most powerful are those who call themselves witches and warlocks, carriers of magic who can bend any and all forms of life to their will. Though, as powerful as they were, they didn't desire power in the form of a throne, but rather power in the form of knowledge.  Being tied to a throne as its ruler meant giving up on pursuing various forms and methods of magic, and as such, these magic bearers refrained from ever wanting a throne.

The second most powerful beings were perhaps, the undead (vampires) and the werewolves.  In strength, these two creatures varied however, both were equally at par, if the eons of war were to be taken into account.

While war wasn't uncommon between kingdoms, afterall, the politics of the throne was a dirty business, the war between the werewolves and the Vampires was something entirely different and gruesome.

If you were to ask a wizard or witch who had lived for centuries, perhaps they would be able to tell you about the time when Werewolves and Vampires were close allies, always providing a helping hand before the other could even ask for help.

Though, a small mistake turned the friendship into hatred and the end result was simply bloodshed and dead bodies.

Vampires hated Werewolves, creatures of moonlight, able to shift into smelly little dogs who had no appetite for law and order.

Werewolves hated Vampires, creatures of darkness, the undead who lived by sucking off blood from poor human slaves who couldn't fight.

The enmity was mutual from both sides, that much was for certain.

Although, as a certain blond haired man rode on a horse, asking for permission to enter the werewolf kingdom to deliver a message from none other than the Vampire King, mayhaps, there was a silver lining after all.

Though, it may be important to note:

While Vampires chose their beloved on their own accord, Werewolves had fated mates, gifted to them by the moon goddess who so graciously created them.

When the mate of a werewolf dies, either before meeting the werewolf or after, the red thread connecting their soul breaks and along with it, a part of their soul dies as well.

Vampires on the other hand, aren't born like the werewolves. They are created. Born as a normal human baby, all the child needs is to have one vampire parent, to simply contain a little trace of vampire venom.

When the child reaches the age of 18, the vampire parent bites and drains the child's blood, simultaneously feeding them a little bit of their blood, and voila, a new Vampire is created. The human part dies, only to be resurrected into a vampire.

Taehyung's felt his red thread break at the age of 20, an ache too hard to forget, a pain too easy to remember. He lost his other half, someone he never met along with a part of his soul and he was never the same again.

So when an offer of an alliance to end the war with vampires comes through, the king asks him to agree to the proposal, as a duty performed for the crown.

Taehyung, while having a choice, still couldn't refuse for two reasons:

1. He was the crown prince of the Werewolf kingdom, and it was his duty to obey the crown, meaning his elder brother, Werewolf King Kim Namjoon.

2. He was being given a scape goat on a silver platter, a Vampire who was going to be all his to play with. Afterall, how can a child ever forget the monster who drained his mother's blood and left her to die right infront of his eyes?

So Taehyung accepts. And vows to make his betrothed Vampire Prince's life a living hell. The undead belong in hell anyway.

It was just the beginning of the game, and Taehyung was the best player.

-
Main Leads

Werewolf Crown Prince  Kim Taehyung - 25 years old- next in line to the throne - is cold and ruthless -hates Vampires to the core -was a softie before his mate died-Alpha-King Namjoon's younger brother-will do anything to hurt his betrothed

- 25 years old
- next in line to the throne
- is cold and ruthless
-hates Vampires to the core
-was a softie before his mate died
-Alpha
-King Namjoon's younger brother
-will do anything to hurt his betrothed

Vampire Prince Jeon Jungkook- 23 years old-is an illegitimate child of the Vampire King -was only recently crowned as a prince -was turned into a vampire at the age of 18-hates blood and drinking it-will do anything to get away from his vampire fa...

- 23 years old
-is an illegitimate child of the Vampire King
-was only recently crowned as a prince
-was turned into a vampire at the age of 18
-hates blood and drinking it
-will do anything to get away from his vampire family
-King Choi Sungho's younger half brother