Burned?

Christmas fluff for you!

It was the first day of Christmas and Harry and Louis lie cuddled up on their soft bed, only to be awakened by their youngest son—Noah—jumping on their bed and giving each of his daddies a kiss on their cheek. Not long after, their oldest child—Darcy—picked Noah up from their bed, also gave them each a morning kiss that they did every morning, and walked down the stairs with her little brother in her arms.

"It's the first day of Christmas Lou!" Harry said excitedly. He rolled from his side to his back and turned his head to look at his husband of 9 years. "Also meaning it's Noah's third Christmas and the first of these little peanuts that are still safely tucked in my tummy." He added, patting his round belly of 6 months.

A smile creeped up on Louis's face and he sat up. "I know, baby." He said and gave Harry a sweet, soft kiss in his lips while having his hand on Harry's tummy. "Let's go down stairs and help Darcy set the table." Louis said, before he corrected himself: "Well, I am gonna help her and you will sit down and be pretty."

Harry sighed, waiting for Louis to step out of bed and help him out, knowing Louis will throw a fit if he'd only do one thing himself, without any help or people standing by to do something when—if—something went wrong. Louis became very protective of him when he als most reached the 4 months and already had great difficulty bending over to put his shoes on or to pick up something from the ground. He looked about 9 months pregnant at his 5th month. Kind of logic with a set of twins. He blames Louis for it.

When Louis reached his side of the bed, Harry grabbed Louis's shoulders while Louis tightly, but softly gripped Harry's elbows to help him up. Harry groaned as he felt his back cracking up. He had a huge problem with his back before the pregnancies already, but now with already having 2 kids behind his back and now carrying another 2, his back pains had worsened. Don't get him wrong though, he loves his children with all his heart and he also loves being pregnant, but sometimes it just gets to much. Luckily, Louis is always there on his side.

"Are you okay, Love?" Louis asked him. Harry nodded as an answer and together they descended the stairs to the ground floor. There, in the kitchen, they saw Noah in his high chair playing with some blocks and Darcy neatly setting the table with a self-made table cloth. Darcy drew all sorts of Christmas related doodles on it with Noah's help the week before Christmas. Darcy had lichtend up some candles and had the eggs cooking.

"Great job Darc!" Louis praised her. He was proud of his first born. Darcy is a 14 year girl in freshman year. Louis and Harry were young when Harry got pregnant with her. It was kind of an accident. Harry and Louis were in a strong going relationship while being in high school. They were quite lucky with the school they were part of, everyone accepted them—almost everyone—and they kind of became the power couple of the year.  They had sex when Harry was only 16 years old and Louis 18. They didn't regret it at all. Even when Harry became sick—which was because of the morning sickness from his just started pregnancy—and they found out he was pregnant, they kept going strong. It made their relationship only stronger, to be honest. But even though it was an accident, didn't mean they loved Darcy less than Noah or they upcoming twins. When Darcy was 5 years old, they got married, knowing nothing was gonna separate them.

When Darcy had turned 11, they told her the news of Harry being pregnant and that she could expect a baby sibling. Darcy was very excited and when baby Noah was born, she loved him dearly—still does.

"Shall I bake some pancakes?" Harry asked the family. Noah excitedly nodded his head while banging his toddler cutlery loudly on the table. Darcy also said yes, looking at Louis with puppy eyes, knowing Louis was gonna say no and scold Harry for even getting that idea in his head as he should be sitting and not standing. "Please daddy, please! It's Christmas and I'm sure papa can handle standing up for baking pancakes! I can help him! You can help!" Darcy said desperately. Louis sighed, shaking his head and pushing a pouting Harry away from the stove and into a dining chair at the breakfast table. "I will bake them." Louis said confidently. He walked over to a kitchen cabinet to get out a bowl and the ingredients for the pancake batter.

"But daddy, you can't cook for bake for shit!" Darcy said, throwing her hands up in the defeat. "Darcy! Language!" Harry scolded. "This is what you by constantly swearing in front of your children Louis!"

"I'm sorry! I can't help it!" Louis defended himself against his husband. "What if you just help me bake those shitty pancakes from a distant? I'm sure they won't burn then." Louis said, hearing Harry sigh and Darcy giggle when he once again cursed in front of his children when Harry just scolded him for it.

"If they burn and the fire detector goes of, it's not my fault and you can go handle a distressed Noah and angry neighbours." Harry gave in.

While Louis and Darcy got to work with the pancakes—every now and then asking help from Harry or him getting 'angry' at them for doing it wrong way or not using the right stuff—was Harry entertaining Noah.

It wasn't long before a loud beeping nose went off and Louis opening the window to get the smoke outside. Darcy was laughing and Harry was trying to calm down a crying Noah. When the smoke was out of the house—as much as possible—Louis ripped the fire detector from the wall above the fridge and took out the batteries. He took a deep sigh when quietness finally filled the house.

"Oh Lou, I told you this was gonna happen." Harry laughed quietly, still hugging an upset Noah to his chest—as much as that is possible with a big belly in front of him.

"What now?" Darcy asked.

"We still got the eggs." Louis said, but when he looked at the other saucepan filled with the eggs he saw the water coming over the sides of pan and the eggs cracked open with the egg yolks spread in the water. "Never mind..." he muttered. Harry couldn't keep it anymore and bursted out laughing, soon Darcy joining in to.

Louis tried to keep his angry face on, but soon enough he couldn't keep it anymore and bursted out laughing too. Noah being the oblivious boy he is—just like his papa—didn't have a clue what was going on and just carelessly laughed with his family.

"What a great start of a Christmas morning." Louis laughed.

"I'm kind of craving some Mc Donald's pancakes now." Harry hinted Darcy. Her eyes went wide with excitement and quickly looked at her daddy with her puppy eyes. Harry joined in with her to get Louis to agree faster. Louis couldn't hold it anymore, with 2 of the 5 loves of his life looking at him with the exact same green, puppy eyes, just couldn't keep him from resisting.

"Alright then, get your coats on and let's eat our amazing, cheap ass, 'self made' Christmas breakfast at the Mac Donald's."

•••••

I know you're all still waiting for a part 3 of death threats, but I just couldn't resist making a Christmas special for this year.

I also just found out this book is more than a year old, because I wrote Christmas specials last year too :)

Have a great day and I wish you a happy and healthy life, all of you! 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩