Ch1. Walls

Why are we hiding? I'm scared. It's so dark and Gloomy in this area. Mama?

     It's been 5 years since my brother's disappearance. One day he and my Mom went on a trip and only my mom came back, I didn't understand why she wasn't upset. She says that I am too young to understand what "Sacrifices"she made for me, I say Bullcrap. There was nothing wrong with my little brother, but that's not what my Momma says. She says that he has, and I quote, "Congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis" which basically means that he doesn't feel pain normally. But I don't see what is wrong with it! I'm 10 years old, my brother was 3 when he went missing, he would be 8!

I trotted downstairs to my Mom, who was making pancakes with loud music on. She always had music on, claiming that it was better to keep them on, then take them off. At night though, when it's quiet and calm. I hear him, he cries out for help from the walls. Mother says I'm a Schizophrenic and that I see things that aren't there. I try to believe her, but the walls keep telling me I'm wrong.

I get to the Kitchen and I see Mother has put the breakfast on the table. She calls out to me as I get in the living room, "Oh, what a pleasant surprise! I thought you would never wake up." She smiles as big of a smile she can manage. I jump into my seat and wait for my mother to sit down so I can start to eat my food.

"Mama hurry up I'm hungryyyyyyyyy!!!!!" I spat out while kicking my legs onto the floor several repetitive times.

"Dear I'll be there In a second." "Stop being an impatient brat." She spits out, hitting a pan against the countertop next to her. I wait a little more. Then I hear it. The voices were telling me to get up from the table and walk into the bathroom. At first I try to ignore it, and instead focus on loud music blasting my ears. But I hear the faint whispers, it sounds like my brother, but I know it isn't.

Mom noticed I was acting weird so she said, "Sweetie, You can start to eat now." I of course Dug straight in and devoured my food piece by piece. After only 2 minutes the plate was empty, like it was the night before. No crumbs, not a spec of crumb was left. Just how momma likes it. I then stand up, adjusting the red bandana I have promptly put under my Strands black hair.

It wasn't long after I stood up from my seat that my Mom spoke, "Sit down." "I haven't finished eating my dinner, so why did you think it was ok to leave me here." I knew right then and there, I was going to have a long "chat" with my mom. I knew that nothing else was going to get done, I was used to getting yelled at by her. Mostly because I leave spaces without her knowledge or liking. I'm a very rebellious child. According to my mother, I took my fathers rebellious action. Even at grade school I'm always going against instructions, disobeying teachers and monitors. Classic moves from Primary school me, 3rd grade was my best year. I once punched a kid in the nose for kicking over my water bottle with his foot.... By accident. Yeah, needless to say I got a bone to pick with some kids.

After a while of dreaming of various things, she finished her plate and finally stood up. Allowing me to stand and go to my room. So I stand up and grab my plate, while also trying to grab my cup. My Mom is yelling at me to be careful and to not drop my cup onto the ground because blah blah blah. Nonsense is all I hear, it's boring to be lectured on something I hear all day.

I take my cup and plate and place it into the dishwasher before running up the long stairs. So I get into my room before 8 pm. Cause if I don't I can't get my writing done in time for bed. I have a novel in which I write about a teen girl named Lily Marge, she is trapped in a house with mass murders and creepy pastas, her only goal is to survive a week while outrunning serial killers whose only goal is to kill her to escape. I would say I'm a very strong writer, my dad thought I was so creative and could become a famous writer. My mom says I'm wasting my life on pointless Bullcrap, I don't care what she thinks though. She's the reason I can't see my Daddy anymore. She lied to me and said Daddy was a "Toxic Man." I know what Toxic means, my Daddy wasn't one of them. The only toxic person I've ever met was this boy in my class named "Hiro." He was super bossy and used everyone. If he talked to you and you weren't popular, he just wanted you to do something for him.

I try to write another chapter of my book but keep getting side tracked by something else. Mostly it was the walls, who keep saying that I should jump outta the window and escape because she'll take me to. I try to ignore it but you know, It's hard sometimes. Especially when that's the only noise I hear. I only had a chapter done before I couldn't bare The voices any longer and went to bed.

Words: 955