Chapter 1: First Impression

Marinette sorted through her pencil case, not paying much attention to what the teacher was saying until she heard the words new student.

Her head shot up subtly, a bit interested in what she was hearing.

Her teacher spoke as she got up to close the blinds. "I expect everyone to be on their best behavior today, alright?"

The class didn't seem to give much of a reaction, but at the corner of Marinette's eye, she noticed that the two girls seated at the row to her right were whispering about something.

She couldn't quite make it out, but she knew what the look on one of the girls face meant. The way her eyebrows furrowed and her lip was curled ever so subtly.

"Today we'll need to-" the teacher started to say before she was interrupted by a loud knocking.

The door opened, showing a tall blonde boy, accompanied by an older gentleman with noticeably very light grey hair who had his hand resting on his shoulder. "Found this one in the hallways, sorry to interrupt your class, ma'am."

The man lightly pushed him into the classroom.

"You must be Adrien Agreste! Welcome, welcome, it's so nice to have you. You can sit next to Nino Lahiffe, the boy in the blue jacket." Mrs. Bustier chirped, gesturing to the seated student, who just so happened to be sitting in the row behind Marinette's.

Marinette paused, dazing out for a moment when she heard his last name, before it hit her.

Gabriel Agreste, the country's most well known fashion designer and owner of a fashion company he established himself at the young age of twenty.

Her idol, her muse, the man she one day hoped to work for. Of course, it was just a mere hope of hers.

She shook her head. It was just a coincidence, right? She didn't even know the man had a son, much less one as old as her.

After thinking about it for a second, she tried to take a peak, looking behind her nonchalantly to get a view of his face.

His eyes were a gorgeous shade of dark green with a small accent of light brown in the center. His face was a soft and sculpted, although still youthful and light.

Actually, he was kind of good looking.

Unfortunately for Marinette, her stare didn't go unnoticed for long. The boy looked up from his desk and accidentally caught her eye for a second.

She whipped her head back immediately, feeling her face heat up.

•••

As the bell rang, signaling it was time for break, students started to peel out of the room, apart from Marinette, who was trying to stuff her thick binder into her backpack, and Adrien, who was asking the teacher about his schedule.

Just as she managed to get it closed up, she heard Mrs. Bustier call her name.

"Marinette!"

She turned to her, inching towards her slightly and tried not to make eye contact with him again.

The teacher smiled. "Could you walk Adrien to the cafeteria? He's not too familiar with the school yet, so I think it's better if he has a buddy with him."

Marinette paused for a minute, and just before she was about to reply, she heard an oh-so familiar voice cut her thoughts off.

"I'll do it," the voice cut through the air. "I've known Adrien since we were kids, plus I've been attending Françoise Dupont longer than these two combined."