Beat 9: Now, the Aftermath! Rest and Relations

Hikaru was drained from yesterday. Keeping himself from cracking under pressure had taken everything he had, and by the time he went to bed, he was out like a light. He had slept soundly, no dreams or anything, just rest, nice and secure under his blankets.

When he awoke, however, he found that the ceiling he looked up at was... different. Different, yet familiar. It didn't look the way it had in his room... wait, why was he in their living room?

"Hmm? Oh, nice of you to join me. I thought you were going to sleep all day!"

He'd been so confused upon waking up that he didn't even realize that Kyoko was right beside him, even with her hand running back and forth through his hair. Even more bewildering, he totally missed the fact that his head was nestled into her lap. He knew his pillow felt weird...

"Kyoko-nee...? What...?"

The older Yamate let out a yawn, stretching her arms out. She was still in her sleepwear and her hair was all messed up. How long had she even been up for?

"I woke up early, needed something to do. Figured you wouldn't mind. I'm not that bad of a pillow, am I?"

The comment got him red in the face, but he couldn't argue with that, "I... I-I suppose not..."

"Good, then rest your head. Can't have my baby brother being sleepy all day."

Hikaru smiled softly at her. His impulse was to resist her kindness, but he kept it down. She was just being nice, and he was starting to feel more comfortable accepting it. Everyone kept telling him how hard he was working, maybe he deserved it at this point.

The relaxing silence didn't last long. But a few short minutes later, someone was knocking on the door. Kyoko yelled for whoever was on the other side to come on in, informing them that it was open, not bothering to move.

"Good morning!" Yuka shouted, pushing the door wide open. 

"How are our favorite siblings doing?" Esora chuckled, "My oh my, are we interrupting something?"

"No no, not at all... in fact, Esora, take over for me, would ya? I'll go get you two something to eat."

"It would be my pleasure~" she giggled, taking a seat and transferring Hikaru's head to her own lap as Kyoko got up, much to his embarrassment.

"Hmmph, Esora, give me a turn! You always get him!" Yuka pouted, sitting next to the greenette.

"You snooze you lose, Yuka~"

His face was getting all red, his head now on someone else's lap. The pair were quite fond of teasing him, but so early in the morning? He could barely handle it fully awake, what was he to do at this time of day?

"E-Esora-san, Yuka-san... w-what are you doing here...?"

"Don't be silly, Hikaru-kun, Kyoko invi-" Esora began to explain, stopping midsentence, "Wait, Yuka, did you hear that? Repeat what you just said, please."

"A-Ah, um... Esora-san, Yuka-san... what..."

"Ahhhhh, I thought I misheard you! Oh Hikaru-kun, you're finally using our names!" she squealed, tightly hugging the confused boy.

"Gasp, you're right! I don't think you've ever called us anything other than our family names before... it's about time!" Yuka beamed, taking a page out of Kyoko's book and patting him on the head.

"Ach... I-I just... I realized it was p-probably a bit rude at this point..." he clarified, doing his best not to faint from the hug, "You've both a-always been so nice to me... but, um... w-why are you here so early in the morning?"