Chapter 33

So a few months have gone by. I am about ready to burst. Grace is very interested in being a big sister and Taylor...well he is just as nervous and excited, well I think. I am happy, but terrified that I will be left alone with another baby Caniff.

 It's around three in the morning. I sit up in bed with the worst stomach pains. I try my best to get through it. Within about a half hour of battling the pain I reach over to wake up Taylor. He moans and shoves my hand away.

"Grayson is coming." I half shout.

Taylor gets up and grabs the bag that has been ready to go for weeks now. I waddle down to the car as Taylor runs with Grace in his arms. I try to relax myself in the seat while Taylor deals with a whining Grace. He hops into the drivers seat and speed out of the driveway to the hospital. Thank the lord that there is barely any traffic at three in the morning.

We pull into the emergency room entrance. I hop out as Taylor is once again left with Grace and the bags.

"Is everything okay?" and over excited nurse asks.

"I am in labor." I snap in pain.

The nurse runs to grab a wheelchair. As she comes back Taylor and Grace greet me. I am rushed off to a room.

"About how long have you been in pain?" The nurse asks.

"About an hour." I answer.

"I am going to do a quick look around then if you choose you may a walk around." She smiles.

"Taylor can you call somebody to watch Grace?" I snap.

Dillon comes to get Grace and I am free to finally have this baby. The pain begins to get worse. My doctor finally comes in around 5 in the morning.

"It is about time for an epidural if you would like one." my doctor smiles.

I nod my head. I lean over and Taylor is holding me still. The doctor gives me my shot in the spine. I lay back with some of the pain beginning to go away.

Around six thirty it is finally time to push. Taylor is right by my side throughout the whole thing. The baby finally comes out. Everybody cheers for us and I am handed the baby.

"IT'S A BOY!" The doctor smiles handing me my child.

I smile as tears roll down my cheeks. I gently run my thumb down his red cheek. He moves around and begins crying. I kiss head as Taylor looks down at him.

"Can I hold him?" Taylor asks.

"Sure, but only for a minute. We have to clean him and give him some shots." The nurse answers.

Taylor takes the child in his arms and tears flow down his cheeks. He smiles at the child and back at me. Our baby is taken to be cleaned and Taylor goes with.