Limerence

/ˈlimər(ə)ns/
noun

          the state of being infatuated or obsessed with another person, typically experienced involuntarily and characterized by a strong desire for reciprocation of one's feelings but not primarily for a sexual relationship.

Sasuke had gone crazy.

He had gone absolutely nuts.

There was no way, absolutely no way he was crushing on Sakura Haruno of all people.

Glancing to the right, where she was sitting next to Ino Yamanaka, Sasuke felt his cheeks heat up and his heart speed up just a little.

There was no denying it, he had a big fat crush on Sakura Haruno.

But it wasn't his fault.

Sakura was smart and pretty and could beat up anyone who tried to insult her. He still remembers that time Ami and her gang had taunted her about the size of her forehead. She had punched Ami so hard Ami's cheek was bruised for weeks! Not only that, but he'd heard from Itachi and Shisui that she was already training with her older brother.

Kazuki Haruno was known for being one of the best ninja in the village. He'd been an early graduate and risen through the ranks at an astonishing speed. Rumor had it, he'd been in the ANBU for a while before returning as a jōnin, or at least that's what his cousin Obito said.

Looking out the window, Sasuke sighed.

What was he going to do now? He really liked Sakura, but would she feel the same way? What type of boys did she like? What if she liked someone smart like Shikamaru? Or someone kind like Choji? Maybe she liked energetic boys like Kiba and Naruto?

Laying his head on the desk, Sasuke groaned.

This was going to be a disaster. For this, he would need the help of an expert, luckily he knew just the right person.

———

Naruto Uzumaki was sitting under the shade of a tree eating his lunch when he noticed Sasuke walking toward him. He'd noticed how distracted Sasuke had been during the lesson in class. Sasuke, who aspired to graduate early just like big brother Itachi, would never ever not pay attention to a lesson unless something was wrong. That was the only explanation Naruto could think of.

He narrowed his eyes when he noticed that Sasuke was just standing awkwardly, fidgeting with his hands, and being oddly quiet. Sasuke never showed this side of him out in public, and as much as people wanted to believe he was some mysterious cool guy, he really wasn't. He was shy, and although he didn't talk much, he'd have moments where he'd just ramble about random things like the jutsu he'd read about or about how cool Itachi was or about another recipe his mother and he had tried making. For him to be like this confirmed his previous thoughts, something was super duper wrong.