Chapter 1

I am awakened by the sound of my phone's vibrations on the nightstand. My wife groans beside me, pulling the covers away from me. The clock reads 10:00 a.m. i hear the kids playing downstairs. I slowly sit up and grab my phone, and look who was calling me. It's the hospital. I answer and hold my phone up to my ear. "Hello?" I say my voice cracking. "Hello, is this Mr. Wright." A young girl's voice replies with a tint of sadness. "Yes, is there something wrong?" I say, laying down on my back. "I'm afraid your mother Mrs. Wright has passed.", "Her body is still at the hospital, I was told by your sister Ms. Wright, you were in charge of the funeral." She says, going silent, waiting for an answer. "Please come by when you have the chance. Sorry for your loss." She says before hanging up. I was left there with my thoughts before I knew tears were streaming down my face. "Honey, is everything ok?" My wife says, putting a hand on my shoulder. "She gone, my mother she's gone." I say with a dead monotone voice looking over at my wife for comfort.

TBC
.............................................................

I know it's short, and there will be another part, but have this for now.