Prologue

Department of Experimental Research of the Academy of War Sciences of Manchester, England

To: Benjamin Brown, CEO of Dusk Industries

Subject: Progress of the experiment PLND3110

During the fifth month of experimentation with simulation denominated Playland, resumed last October 31 at 17:45, it has been succeeded the uniform incorporation of the fifty subjects submitted to the experimentation. Previous memories obtained during the last year before the attack inside the base have been restored, reducing the potential threat level with the implementation of a new system of brain activity monitoring. Special research to confirm that the expedition to the simulation is safe and no more intrusion that may threaten the lives of the financiers of the experiment and exposed it still on process. The entrance to Playland then is postponed by up to two weeks due to the vigilance of our antigens to confirm that there are no damages within the structure of the simulation.

Tests have been performed on the subject 677 647, the latter showing a decrease of brain activity, being in a state of non-REM sleep. It is not considered more a threat within the simulation, reason why his memories will be restored and he will be introduced to check its evolution after the second introduction. Also, the subject 626443 has been submitted to new analysis, demonstrating a mild low level of response to external stimuli. It is concluded without further changes in the historical subject.

Dr. Theodore Foster

Supervisor of the Department of Experimental Research of the Academy of War Sciences of Manchester, England

"Aren't you lying?" I listen someone says behind my back.

"I'm not lying. I'm just not adding some details. They are unnecessary."

"But the subject 677647 ... it is not dream non-REM. His brain activity is still a bit more active than others."

"What he doesn't know, does not kill Gibbs. Now, be a good boy and deliver this. The least I want to do is to deliver it myself and deal with Mr. Brown. I must return to rebuild Playland.

"Are you sure of what you're doing?"

"If I wasn't, then I wouldn't do it. And you better not question my decisions. The less you know, the less risk you run."

"Theo, is too dangerous."

"I know," I turn to see the young boy's face behind my back. His light-colored eyes look at me, pleading. "But if we never try, we never know the result."

------------------------

A.N: Hello there! Yours truly back on the road! I would really, really, reaaaaally love to know what you think about this story about one of my fav ex-Smith and guitarist. It's very fictional and it's mostly inspired on Johnny's solo albums. Hope you guys like it ;)