Chapter Two

Usually, when you meet new people, you do it in comfortable situations: a party, an open public place, something that involves kindness, not somebody breaking into your hotel room, holding a gun. Especially the girl I had met in the afternoon and I happened to like because of her curiosity.

She stopped from running. Interesting.

"May I know why you're here?" I asked, still taken by surprise.

"I'm working."

"So I see. And this is why you bring weapons?"

"I said I was working, not that I work here," she corrected. I frowned at such a statement.

"Okay, okay. Then, will you tell me what you do for living?"

"I, uh, I'm supposed to kill you."

Such wonderful and logical explanation, elevator girl! It is still as intriguing as this afternoon.

"Well, why haven't you killed me yet?"

"Because I won't do it. I have no reason to. And even if I had, I wouldn't kill you."

"Why?" I asked, surprised.

"Because you seem interesting. A little too much."

"Okay. Now, tell me, why should I trust you when you have orders to kill me?"

"Because if I wanted to kill you, I would have done it already. My life is at risk anyway."

"What's your name?" I asked curious. She looked at me, frowning.

"Is this some kind of bad interview?" she snapped. "I'm not going to tell you they story of my life just because. It's not the way this works."

"Do you want me to call the police then?" I asked with an eyebrow raised. She gave me a dirty look, as she was about to shoot me. I wasn't attempting to be mean with her, but to understand her was becoming hard for me. "Alright, no police calls. I just need to understand."

"Do you remember what I said about the world following a same logic?"

I did. And I was startled because of her honesty.

"Sometimes you don't have to follow everything you get told to. You have a very own will and you can decide whether to take it or leave it. And I've decided to take mine."

I walked into the room, trying to clear my mind. What is going on with me? It seems like I have lost my bloody common sense. I sat on the bed, taking a glimpse of her. She was small, thin but very quick. She had chocolate brown hair, white skin and a pair of brown eyes that reminded me of her. I closed my eyes, trying not getting lost into my memories again.

"We're going to live forever."

"Forever, my love," I replied to her. Angie.

"Are you okay?" she asked me. No, I wasn't.

"Yeah. It's nothing."

"To be nothing, it caused you a something."

"Never mind. Now, would you take a seat and tell me who send you to kill me?"

"I'm going to make you a question now. What do you do for living, huh?"

"I direct this hotel," I replied, shrugging. If she only knew I built it with my mind...

"Do you?"

"Well, yes. Are you going to answer my question now?"

"No. Do you have some illegal business or something?"