Chapter 13

Emmet sat there, on the bed of this new room he was recently brought in, facing the one woman he had, just mere hours ago, loved more than everything in the Universe, the brightest light of his life. That being his Girlfriend, Lucy.

Now, and just a few moments after that, seeing her hurt and stand over the new friend he made, who actually happened to be his creation, Emmet wanted nothing to do with her anymore. Looked like Watevra really was right all along. His so-called friends don't love him. Especially not that faker, Lucy.

Speaking of Lucy anyways, why would she kidnap Emmet away from the others after he just signed the contract? It was too late. He's not able to go back home with her. Not like he wants to anyway. Besides, why was Lucy wearing that Popstar outfit? Was that just a disguise to get him out of the castle back there? Was it just another trick to get him to come back 'home'? So he could stay in love with her?

Well, whatever this was, Emmet was ready to stand his ground. To be the tough one fore once. To hold against whatever Lucy was going to so or do... Or, just try to walk out, which would be a good idea, if he had any clue where they were. Maybe Watevra and her guards would be coming this way right now to save him...

Or... He'd have to just listen to what Lucy had to say. Yeah, that could be it. He'd just have to listen to whatever excuse she came up with, walk out, and never have to deal with her again.

"Lucy, I don't-." Emmet tried to talk, but Lucy cut him off by walking up to him rather quickly, kissing him so hard he fell back onto the bed. She didn't want any of this to happen. She loved Emmet way too much to leave him. She had to explain everything she did, and maybe... He'd understand, and come back to his sweet, innocent self.

"Emmet," Lucy carefully moved back, although her heart aching to keep kissing him. "I-I'm so, so, sorry. I never wanted you to feel so bad. I love you so much. So much more than anything." She spilled out.

"Sure," Emmet responded. "You really showed how much you love me for the past five years."

"Em-Emmet?" She whimpered.

"Telling me to change? To grow up? To lose everything that made me me? That anything I'd try to do was a bad idea? Yeah, you love me sooooo much." He said.

Emmet's anger wouldn't subside. He just couldn't handle it anymore. After everything he'd ever done for the whole Universe, he still had to be treated like dirt. No one, not even his friends, not even his Girlfriend took him seriously! And he had had it!

"I can't believe how I put up with people like you for five long years! I tried to make everyone's day's better! To make everything awesome again! To make you feel like the Queen I thought you deserved to be! And how did you thank me?! My telling me to grow up!"

Lucy shivered, not wanting to believe this was happening.

But...

It was.

"Emmet, I-"

"Did you just become my Girlfriend out of being sorry for me?! Do you not love me?! Do you just hate me?! Like everyone else?!??!

"Emmet, please, just-"

"Even if you were like me in the past, you obviously hated it, which is why you're like this now!! Did you just want to do the same to me?! To make me something I'm not?! You-!!"

"EMMET BRICKOWSKI!!" Lucy finally snapped, causing Emmet to move back in concern. There was a fine line between apologizing to Emmet, and being talked down to like a coward, and she wasn't about to pole vault over it.

Lucy knew how wrong she was, and just wanted to Love Emmet, but she wasn't going to take all that anger he had and shrink into a little ball, waiting for both to cool down.