Chapter 12: One and Only.

Aslan Werner.

Present.

"Let's eat something. I am hungry."
Arnold says after a long silence as we lie next to one another looking at the sky.

Arden wipes off the remainder of the tears from the corner of his eyes as we all stand up to head inside the house and confesses,
"That was the most fun I had confesses."

"I agree."
I chuckle while dusting off my clothes.

And I do, coming from extremely wealthy families people often think that our definition of fun is spending weekends at some high-end club or in a yacht throwing parties or hooking up with girls left and right but that's not us.
A shocker.
I know.

Don't get me wrong we are grateful to be born into a well-off family and we do enjoy having the privilege to go to whichever clubs we want and eat in whatever restaurants we like. Regardless that's not a part of our everyday lives.

We were raised by some amazing and lovely parents who have taught us how to respect women and shown us the meaning of love and affection.

We have all realised early on that sometimes people don't want to be your friends because they simply like you, but because of the family you come from, the connections that your parents have, and the money that you will inherit in the future.

Goofing around in the backyard of my house or having a barbeque night at Arden's or simply having a sleepover at the twins' place is how we spend our weekends.

We are all that we have since the beginning of our lives and I hope and pray that we remain like this till the end of time.

And the reason why my friends and I don't fool around with girls is that we have grown up witnessing our parents set the standard for love so high.
That you can't help but pray to have someone you can call your person.

My mother always says,
"Love is not a single emotion.
Love is a mixture of many emotions like
Care, Trust, Kindness, Compassion, Attention, Forgiveness, Understanding,
Commitment, Loyalty and Love itself."

Wasting time doing meaningless hookups while waiting for the one to appear in my life doesn't seem right to me.

And call me a fool or whatever you want, but the thought of wasting my time doing meaningless hookups feels like cheating even though I don't know who she is or where she is.
If she has already appeared in my life and I just don't know it yet.

I wish to remain faithful to my future wife.

My parents were one another's firsts and they will be one another's last.
My mother was the first woman my father loved and he proposed and asked her to be his wife just six months after they met. And she agreed because my father was also my mom's first love.
They were just twenty years old and still in college when they got married two months after dad proposed.

And once when I asked my father why didn't he wait for a little while longer, graduate college and build their own life as individuals and then get married.

He said,
"That's what people asked me back then too. But when you meet the right person in your life. You just know. There was no one before your mother and I knew there would be no one after her. I knew that your mom was "it" for me. I didn't want to wait for even a second more to more to make her my wife, to be her husband. I didn't want to build my life as an individual, get settled in life and then marry her.

I met your mother in my French Language class. I was so terrible at french that I was failing my lectures. Your mother, on the other hand, was at the top of the class. So I asked your mother to tutor me. At first, she refused but J somehow, persuaded her to tutor me Thankfully, she relented. Over time, we became good friends.
One day, I was waiting for your mom, to meet me at the cafe where we met every Wednesday and Friday for our study sessions. 15 minutes passed she didn't show up, "She must be caught up in something", I speculated. Twenty minutes, Thirty minutes, and just like that an hour passed but she didn't show up nor did she leave a text. So I called her number expecting to hear Lilah's soft voice but an unknown voice greeted me instead.
"The woman who owns this phone was met with a severe accident and is admitted at the City hospital...." I didn't hear a word after that. I was running out of the cafe the moment I heard the word "accident" and "city hospital" come out of the nurse's mouth with my heart in my throat.