Chapter I

Last Hope
DISCLAIMER: None of the scenarios in this book are real, or accurate, except the one where Salieri tries to poison Mozart, only said to be a theory, on behalf of how Wolfgang Amadeaus Mozart  died. The two characters "Claire", and "Charlie " never actually existed. Especially those in chapter one. And in chapter one they are located in the Holy Roman Empire. Which is now Germany. Not Bonn. Don't get confused.
I hope you enjoy the book.

               Chapter I, Skull of  Thunder
1787, Wednesday. 8:25am

I woke up to the thunder booming outside. I was startled, so I fell off my bed. Bartholomew was already in the kitchen, making berry tea. When he heard the thud from upstairs, he looked up. "Um, Claire, Are you okay up there?" He asked from downstairs. "Yes, yes, I'm fine!" I called from upstairs. I quickly got up, grabbed my diamond necklace (We'll get into the details for it later), and walked over to the wardrobe.
I picked out a simple, plain, black dress. I turned around to look out the window. "Rainy today, huh?" Then I saw a skull in the clouds. Mysterious, yes. But I just thought it was a coincidence that there was a cloud like that.  I went downstairs to have breakfast. Bartholomew was pouring tea for our breakfast. "Good morning, Claire." He said. I sat in the chair next to me. Nora and Carlos came down, after two to three minutes. But Nora ran back upstairs to grab paisley. (Paisley is her 1 year old Pomeranian Dog.) Soon, she came back down with Paisley in her arms. "Have you seen that skull?" I asked Nora. She looked out the window, "No," She said confused, "I haven't." Even before breakfast was served, I got up, grabbed my black umbrella, and said: "I need to go." and went out the door. And I quickly came back, and grabbed my cloak and a rattan basket. After that, I went back out. I read that only two people were ever able to notice a skull in the clouds, and they were sent to something they feared but the eldest of the two had their fear first, as long as it was happening in real life.
And foraged on. I saw the clouds turn red. I ran to the House of Mysteries. 

Who knows what I'll find?....