A Girls Best Friend

Authors note: heyyy this is my second book!!! Yaya hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~

I woke at 6:00 am thinking "another day in paradise" In fact my life right now is paradise. I live on a huge ranch in Georgia with all of my family, that includes all the animals too especially Buddy. Buddy is my three year old paint horse, he's one of a kind. He's brown and white with blue eyes.

I get out of bed and go look out my window seeing that everyone has already woken up, great now I have to shovel out the stalls. My family and I made this bet that who ever is the last to wake u has to shovel all of the stalls, all 15 of them. But then I realize I don't see my brother out there, YES! Hopefully chad is still asleep. So I rush over to my big walk in closet. Yes I do have a huge house and actually it's quite fancy. Ugh I hate how city people see that you live on a farm and instantly think your a redneck, uh hello we put the vegetables on your plate my friend so you better shut your mouth or go hungry.

I grab a pair of old faded pants and a blue t-shirt. I then put my long blonde hair up in a messy bun and put a little foundation on my face. Next I put on my cowgirl boots and head out the door.

"Hey dad is Chad up yet?"

"Nope but here he comes you got lucky this time. HEY CHAD YOU BETTER GO GET A SHOVEL AND START SCOOPING!" Oh how I love how my dad brings humor to something so boring and gross.

So I start off doing my usual, saddling up Buddy. I head over to his stall which has big blue and red ribbons all around the door and the word BUDDY engraved in the wood. I open the stall door to see a big horse staring back at me. I smile, for when I see Buddy it makes all of my terrible memories go away and sends happiness to my heart.

I grab his halter and walk him over to the wooden post right beside his stall and tie him up. I get a brush and brush out his long tail and mane and then saddle him up. I grab his reins and climb on top of him. I kick once and he takes off running out of the barn to the training field. We go around the barrels a few times just to get him warmed up. When we decide to take a break Chad comes over to us. Oh Chad if he wasn't my brother I would marry him, he has blonde brownish shaggy hair and a perfect six pack. Every girl at school loves him, I have no clue why he's single he could date any one he wanted to.

"What's up?"me and him have this bond that most brother and sisters don't have I guess it's a twin thing.

"Nothing just riding Buddy, isn't Luke supposed to come over?" Luke Cater is like one of my brothers best friends, they always hang out. And boy is Luke hot! He's got it all, brown shaggy hair, a great smile, and a six pack. Yup that's all I need in a guy. There's just one thing, he doesn't know that I'm head over heels for him.

"Ya he'll be here in like 15 minutes but before he gets here wanna go on a ride?"

"Oh sure but we have to make it quick. Who are you going to ride?"

"Ill ride bronco he's already saddled up and ready."

"Okay you better hurry."

Me and Chad take off at a full canter up the field riding side by side. We laugh and talk about the stupidest things but somehow to us the make sense. We come to the end of the trail and head back to the barn where Luke is standing there watching us. Oh how his eyes sparkle and his hair lays perfectly on his head and and..

"Hey! Katie... KATIE!"

"Oh sorry Chad I was thinking, hey Luke."

"Hey Katie."

Omg! He smiled at me and I think he checked me out too. I can feel myself starting to blush. Oh this day is just getting better and better!

~~~~~

Thanks for ready there will be more!:)

If you like mysteries then read my other book- the key

And a shout out to truedirectioner27 her books are awesome!!!!!!

Comment+vote=:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)