ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 - ᴛɪʟ' ɪ'ᴍ ғɪɴᴇ *.✧

———

———

"COME GET A DRINK!"

The last thing that Free had expected when he first arrived into the bustling streets of New York City was already be man-handled by some drunk roaming a part of downtown.

Out of everywhere, Free's expensive ticket have landed him in New York, U. S.—home of the Raging Bulls with an unfathomable nightlife.

The golden boy pulled his arm back with only a bit of difficulty since the drunken man was wuiye persistent with his request, but the former champion had the strength to overpower someone who wasn't even in their right state of consciousness.

It was evening, late evening where the skies overhead had already turned into a sullen shade of blue as the amaranthine clouds drifted aimlessly in the windless air.

Free De La Hoya still had his bag slung over his shoulder, and that was all the blader had brought with him for his spontaneous flight from the ticket he blindly bought in a state of absolute misery.

The black irises glanced around, and Free could remember his...ex's studio was only a few blocks away. Free was never going to get used to calling Y/N his ex. The golden boy's mind was stuck on that, and that is when he also recalled the Garment District where Y/N spent modeling for a summer, Manhattan in other words, was just about half an hour away.

The two have been to New York more times than others could imagine, and the entire city was practically a poignant walk down memory lane. It was a wonder that Free hadn't already booked a train out of the place, but was instead still eyeing around and taking in the entire scenery halfheartedly for all it was worth.

For about two hours, the golden boy and the national pride of Spain walked aimlessly around the bustling city streets.

...

...

...

Free didn't know how he got here.

Free did not know when he got here.

The smell of liquor with a slight tinge of sweat wafted through the air, and the golden boy found the scent absolutely sickening.

The place is crowded, and all the sounds were just all mushed up into one as Free De La Hoya sat there at the bar. Drinks were being passed around, and a few celebrations were going on. Free had nothing to celebrate though, and he just sat there at the bar with a blank expression on his face.