ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19 - ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴡ ɢᴏᴇs ᴏɴ *.✧

———

———

      "THAT WAS DEFINITELY ONE OF THE LONGEST LINES I'VE GONE THROUGH THIS YEAR."

       "What can I say, Y/N?" they could hear Mikasa smiling from the other line.  "Even after a decade since your debut, your fans still love you and are willing to wait hours for your signature and pictures."

       "Mikasa...I sound old when you put it like that."

       "Well, you are—"

       "20 going on 21 in a few months is not old." Y/N protested, shaking her head in disbelief when Mikasa continued to tease them about it.

       The star was walking back to the spacious vehicle that was going to pick them up, bodyguards escorting them a few steps behind, but left just enough room to not bump into the younger Kaneguro's broad gestures when she was talking through her phone as they are a very visual and expressive being.

       After a raging six hours from the cool evening with amaranthine skies and bustling clouds, midnight had arrived at last.

       The Tokyo Dome had been jam-packed just moments before when the speakers were blasting, but only the sound of machinery cleaning up and out the equipment on the fields and bleachers sliced through the air.  Y/N had just finished conducting the last concert of her world tour, and economic as well as tourism sales have skyrocketed.  The star was gleefully prepared to go have an exuberant night while she was in Tokyo, wanting to visit her hometown Shinjuku first before leaving in a week.

       "Hey, Y/N.  Don't stray too far from your bodyguards this time.  I know you like your space, but remember what happened last time you did that?"

       "Yeah, yeah, I almost fell off the stage—how can anyone forget that?"

       "You tend to have a habit of repeating history, Y/N."

       "It's not the worst thing in the world—"

       Y/N Kaneguro never seems to learn their lesson, do they?

       The star was on the edge of a crosswalk, feet already beginning to move themselves gracefully once more when their eyes noticed the flickering lights overhead for the walkers had turned green.  Her bodyguards were right behind and beside her; surely this couldn't escalate with how safe she was surrounded?