ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18 - sɪʟᴠᴇʀ ʟɪɴɪɴɢs ᴏɴ sᴜɴɴʏ ᴅ *.✧

———

———

       "SHU I'M H—"

Valt slammed open the door to the front door of Shu's apartment, only to find something that he would least expect.

       "Yo."

Free saluted with two fingers at his buddy, currently slipping off his shoes at the door.

       The golden boy held the white mug in his hand—not using the handle side—and slowly sipped from it.  When he rested the cup down on the matching milky saucer, streams of wispy steam seeped from the roof of it.

       The snowy-headed companion soon emerged from the kitchen in a pink apron with ruffles on the edges.

       In his hands were two plates of Spanish toasted bread with tomatoes and olive oil (otherwise known as pan con tomate) that he gingerly set on the small, square marble dining table touching the wall with one of its sides.

       Three black cushioned chairs are seen at the remaining three sides; two of whom are pushed in to not knock over anyone while Free occupies the third one against the textured, stone wall, snug near the corner, and shows a crisp clear view of whoever enters the dining room.

       "You're staying here, Free?" Valt asked.

       "Yep."

       Shu turned to look at Valt.  He wore a sheepish expression on his face.

       "Sorry, Valt," Shu apologized.  He untied the apron and hung it on an available clothes rack.  "I thought you would arrive a bit later.  I don't have any servings of breakfast prepared for you at the moment, but I'm sure you can find something to snack on in the fridge."

       "Thanks, Shu!" Valt threw his bag on the couch and zoomed off to the kitchen in search of some water.

       The fluttering white sleeves of Free's shirt—a size bigger than what he normally wears since he forgot what size he wore (and he doesn't shop often)—hung from his wrists as he raised the milky mug back up to his lips.

       Shu slid into the seat across from his guest and readied his napkin for usage.

       Free returned his mug to the table.  A small smile played on his face and you could tell he was thinking of something just from those micro-expressions.  "So, you and Valt?"