The Tale Of David And Hayley #1

Sorry for the mistakes. I didn't find an editor yet.

You've got to have respect for women. They carry new life in them for nine months and forget the pain once their child is born. They have sleepless nights far more than relaxed days, but still they smile at their baby when they're feeding them. That little life cries and cries but the love of a mother is so strong, they aren't even mad. And every piece of sadness in this world disappears for a few minutes when they hold those little creatures in their loving arms.  

The woman who gave birth to me wasn't like that though. She never wanted me to begin with because I was the result of a rap, and who would want such a reminder? For 8 years I traveled between families and orphanages. Many people have hurt me in different ways. Most of them were women. I had more than 10 step mom's, some were for over a year and some only lasted a few days. I started hating people and fearing them at the same time.  

But after 8 years of suffering, I still didn't lose my respect and love for women. You'll wonder why, right? The answer was simple. There was this girl. She was there in my first orphanage and sometimes we both got placed in the same family because they thought we were brother and sister. We weren't though. But it felt like that and so much more. She was the source of my respect for women. 

I was sitting on her bed playing with her favorite stuffed animal, as I watched her get ready. She had decided on black pants that were a little too big for her but they still suited her. She had cute pink socks on her feet when they were being eaten by her old Converse which lost some of their original black color. She took a black bra with white stripes out of her closet and gave it to me, before turned her back to me. I stood and helped her get the thing on. "Thanks, Poo" she smiled. After that, she put on a plain white t-shirt and a gray hoody that seemed way too big on her. Even though the clothes were old and second hand, she still looked beautiful. "How do I look?" she asked. "Like shit" I couldn't help laughing, which got me a playful slap as reward.  

I was not a pervert. I always helped her with her bra or with every other thing where she had to put her arms around her back. She couldn't bend her arms that way because of an old injury. I didn't care and my body didn't respond in a weird way either, simply because she was my sister. Well, not my biological. Explaining our relationship would be hard because we don't know how to call this either. In my very first memory of this life, she was there, right beside me. I knew learned what a sister is, so I couldn't know what that felt like. I was too young to have known my sexual preference, so it couldn't be that either. We were more that sister and brother, even more than lovers. We were one, like the sun and the moon. Neither of us could exist without the other. 

"Should I put on some make up? I'm don't know if I should go like this." The insecurity in her voice was clear and it made me sad. She didn't see herself through my eyes but I wish she could, because she would see how much she's worth. "You should choose. Do whatever makes you feel good but don't think about others. You're fine just the way you are, Hayley." I told her. "But..." Even though she didn't end her sentence, I knew what she was thinking. I pulled her in a brotherly hug and pressed a kiss on her head. "Sweetie, you're beautiful. A rose would look pale next to you. I don't know what an angel looks like, but if I ever see one, I'm sure she'll look like you. But you'll still be cuter though. You're you, Hayley. You're the best and most beautiful in your own way. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." I whispered softly. "You're the best brother I've ever had, Poo." Her voice cracked a little. "That's a real compliment, seeing as you've had more than 12 other brothers beside me." We bother started laughing. 

We arrived at school just in time. At our third school this year, to be precise. I sadly watched her walk away. She had other classes than me because I was two years older than her. Even though I was really afraid of this place and the people in it, I was even more worried about my sister. I knew what monsters others could be and I've heard enough names to know how much damage it could do. And Hayley didn't need any more damage. She just started healing. If only one person calls her ugly, I'll kill that fucker. She was a princess or even a queen, however weird that might be. I loved her with all my heart. My baby sister was very beautiful. 

Despite the scars on her face. And on her throat. And her neck. And her chest.