Broken Promise...fixed?(Angst +fluff)

DON'T SKIP!!!

I'm really excited because this was a collab with @KindaDumbThooo.  So please check out their oneshot book too.

Chuuya and Dazai past age 17

Through the bickering and fighting from past to present day, the two have remained eye to eye, hand in hand, soul in soul. Silly promises, dares, and late-night confessions are in which kept the illusion that they were raised with a normal childhood.

"As if, idiot." Chuuya just scoffed at the latter.

"I'm serious, Chuuya," Dazai responded with an earnest gaze. "One day you'll be mine to keep forever."

"Tch," a blush arose on his face. "If anything, you're mine."

"Sure, Chuuya." Dazai gazed into Chuuya almost staring deep into the fiery depths of a soul though putting the threatening demeanor at rest and fronting a rather gentle facade.

"Promise me we are going to get married when we're older." This caught Chuuya completely off guard despite Dazai's earlier comments.

"Wha- What?! What are you going on about?!" He sputtered out. Chuuya just thought Dazai had completely gone insane!

"I mean, you're just the person I would love to spend the rest of my life with when we're older." Chuuya's scowl faded into a soft smile while Dazai looked down, shuffling his feet.

"Sure. Why not." Chuuya announced uncharacteristically, secretly admired the idea of him and Dazai being together forever, and thought it'd be an alright decision.

"Alrighty! I'll get the promise rings then!" Dazai was now ecstatic at Chuuya's answer.

"Wait?! Who said anything about rings!?" Chuuya knew this was a marriage proposal practically but what?!

"C'mon we need something to symbolize the deal." Dazai looked at Chuuya pleadingly. The guy did have a point.

"Fine." Chuuya just sighed at the idea.

"Let's go then!" Dazai marched towards the nearest jewelry store. It was kind of silly that he was so worked up over something so trivial as this.

Chuuya and Dazai present age 24

That late night, such a childish and fond memory.

Chuuya could only reminisce on the memory of that sort of proposal when they were younger.

How did he get here? When did he start copiloting Dazai's engagement plan? He was going to marry a woman who he'd probably end up committing double suicide with, and Chuuya was somewhat sad the promise was broken.

How stupid of him, letting such a vulnerable situation overwhelm him. The ball was in Dazai's court, and Chuuya let down his guard, allowing Dazai to shoot him deep in the heart.

"Promise me we'll get married someday" his ass.

A now broken promise and a deep trust would never fade between the latters. Their trust never wavered, but their hearts did.

Chuuya is literally helping the person he promised to marry when they were their younger impulsive selves; however, he feels like Dazai does deserve better than him. Even when the fiery read head stood by Dazai's side as he meticulously picked out a ring for none other than a beautiful woman, he had always been reaching to commit his "perfect double suicide" with.

With all the commotion going on with Dazai's newfound "dream girl", his proposal, and their engagement, everything felt abrupt from the engagement to the wedding to which he is now watching the two being wed right in front of his eyes.