୨⎯ Playing Dangerous G.W ⎯୧

╰┈➤ "Do you really have to put these tight handcuffs on?"

TW: Brief mentions of abuse, Arsen.

Inspired by Playing Dangerous by Lana Del Rey.

-

I was in trouble.

Big time.

And it wasn't the type of trouble where your mother would yell at you or the teacher sent you down to the office because you were misbehaving. I wish it were that easy but it's not.

My anger has gotten the best of me and the only remorse I feel is that I may pay for my actions.

I watched from behind me as the house my boyfriend and I shared went up in flames. The acrid smell of burning pollutes the air in our small neighbourhood. My vision was clouded by orange, sirens ringing in my ears.

Oh shit.

As I said, I was in trouble.

My boyfriend Vaughn and I had been together since our last year of high school. We moved awfully fast, I thought he was the one but the older I got the more I realized that it was just puppy love - that or he hit me enough times to know this is not what love is supposed to be like. The past 4 years I grew to hate him but he wouldn't let me leave.

I tried and tried and that only made him hit me harder. But tonight was my breaking point. I couldn't stand another minute of him. Vaughn is a selfish prick.

He wouldn't let me leave our relationship. He'd steal my bank card, or hide my phone and car keys. I figured that he must have an obsession with me. Why else wouldn't he want me to leave if it wasn't because he was possessive and in love with me?

Somebody in love doesn't cheat though and that is exactly what he did. I caught him after coming home early from work. I shouldn't have been upset since the harsh reality that I fell out of love with the only man that I ever cared for happened a while ago but I was fuming.

So much so that I snuck away without either of them realizing and set the damn house on fire. I don't care about the debt or lost material items. I wanted out. All hope of rekindling was demolished the moment I laid eyes on them. I deserve better.

In times of anger, you aren't rational. When the police start an investigation they'll quickly notice the spilt vodka and innocent pink zippo that created so much damage. I will go to jail for arson and Vaughn will once again fuck me over.

Vaughn and his mystery women were in the house when I set it ablaze. The firefighters were the first to arrive, quickly getting to work. Vaughn and his bitch managed to get out safely. That I'm glad about, I didn't want a murder charge too.

The police pulled up not long after, two cars to be exact.

I leaned against the hood of my car, anxiously biting my fingernails as one of the officers walked up to me. He was very tall with striking red hair, broad shoulders and a very friendly smile.

"Good evening Ma'am." He spoke up, coming to stand before me. Squinting my eyes I could make out the name on his uniform: G.Weasley.

"E-evening, officer," I muttered, swallowing thickly. The look of guilt had to have been evident on my face.

"The gentleman over there claims that you and him rent this house, is that correct?" The officer nodded his head at Vaughn who currently had a paramedic examine him from the back of their vehicle. I simply nodded.

"I know this is a very stressful situation and I'm sorry this happens to you but are you okay? Do you need a paramedic to examine you?"

I shook my head no, biting my nails again. "I'm a little shaken but I'm fine... thanks for asking."