parties and stuff

-
Lovers Rock-TV girl 🎵

I hated parties.

Mainly the smell of drunken teens, sweat and the smell of sex dripping from them.

My boyfriend Topper had brung me along, begging me for days to go with him, saying "c'mon Y/n, u love these things"

Once we got to the party, Topper's hand slid down behind to my waist, smiling at a couple of his friends that had been there prior.

We walked down with them, Topper had a wide grin on his face, as Kelce, one of Topper's friends passed him a beer.

"Hey Y/n u want one?"  I shook my head no. Trying to yell over the music was utterly impossible. "C'mon Y/n a drink won't hurt" Rafe Cameron said slugging a bottle of beer in my face.

I reluctantly took it, to shut his bitchy wines and moans, as Rafe smiled with Topper yelling a small "whooo"

I hated drinking, mostly because of how I felt after. It would feel good in the moment then it would fall downhill afterwards.

"Hey hey, Uh Y/n Im gonna steal topper for a sec alright"

Rafe had one hand over Topper's shoulder as they both had red cups in their hand, "yea yea go I'm good"  they smiled then talking walking away.

I walked through the house walking onto the porch, I sat on the stairs setting the beer besides me.

It was a pretty nice porch, had a double swing on one side of the deck, lantern lights hung up above.  And on the other side 2 rocking chairs, with plants all over.

"You mind?"

A voice from behind me spoke, as the person was now sitting next to me before I could even open my mouth to respond.

"You gonna finish that?"
"No, go ahead"

His voice was hoarse like, sounding raspy and rough.The smell of beer and cigarettes lingered, as he spoke. I turned my head looking at him.

A blunt blonde, he squeezed his eyes as he drank the beer. I turned my attention back to the waves that hit the sand each time more violently.

"Don't like parties?"
"No, not really one for them"
"Why did you come then?"

He said flat as his voice was bristled as he sat the empty beer bottle on the left side of him. My head in my hands, as he turned looking at me. "My boyfriend wanted me to go with him"

-

Her voice was raspy and soft spoken,her head in her hands as she let out a small gloomy sigh. "And he ditched you?"

"I guess so"

She gave a half shrug as her fingers ran through her hair as she looked at me, "what about you? why are you here?"

She scanned my face with her eyes, "just having fun" she gave a faint smile nodding her head.

Minutes of silence stung the air between us, as the music felt it was getting louder "your boyfriend's an asshole for ditching you"

A faint chuckle spilled from her as she nodded once again "yea, I'm now realizing this"

"Why are you still with him then?" I asked as she shrugged taking in a sharp breath exhaling before speaking again.

"I'm not sure,I guess I would feel bad for breaking up with him"

She removed her hands from her face looking at her nails, red and glossy with black stars, not too long and not short, mainly in the middle.

"Who cares,he'll get over it"

Turning her head she smiled at me " I'm sure he would, I would just feel bad" she said picking at her nails.

"Don't,he sounds like an asshole"

-

The two of us kept talking, mainly me, I talked and he just listened, the sounds of the waves crashing on the sand over and over again was comforting.

Wind hitting our faces as we sat there, it was like we were the only people in the world.

Talking to him was like talking to a person I knew for years,it was nice, refreshing even.

I toyed with a piece of my hair as he lit a cigarette, "You've never watched breakfast club!?" He said, blowing sweet smoke into the air.

"No" I simpered, as his tone was filled with aghast, bug eyed blinking at me with shock.

"How!? It's like the best movie in history of movies! Next to die hard"

"It can't be that good, have you seen the outsiders or 10 things I hate about you?" He shook his head as my eyes widened jaw dropped, holding my heart, dramatically.

"I'll watch Your outsiders, and u watch breakfast club" I shook his cold hand as someone started calling me, I took my phone from beside me.

"Shit, i have to go"

-

She quickly got up fixing herself, her phone in her hand as I stood up quickly almost immediately falling over.

"It was nice talking to you"
"You t-"

Before I could finish she was gone, in the crowd of people that just kept multiplying, I took the empty beer bottle that was beside me, walking inside pushing through people to try to find-

"Dude! Where the hell did u go!?" JB yelled trying to be heard over the music.

"I was on the porch, hey where's Kie and pope?"
"I have no idea"

He laughed smiling as his breath reeked of beer and alcohol, his arm over my shoulder with a beer bottle in his hand.

I tried to look past the people trying to find her, it's like she vanished gone.

And I didn't even get her name. Shit