chapter 5

"otou-sama, oka-sama........ni-san"

his fingers drummed rhythmically against his palm , he could feel his heart beat in his ears, he clasped and unclasped his hands till and they were sticky with perspiration. His eyes twitched as he tried to hold his brother's gaze, his breath running shallow as he strove to keep his impassive face.

he stood there, looking at the cracked faces of his long lost loved ones

His father, even though he was completely strict and wanted things to be done his way, was holding a smile on his face . he was the one who once told 'that's my boy', gently patting his head, which made him put a smile on his face and made him feel over the moon.

His mother, a gentle kind soul who used to make his favorite tomato soup, made him feel better when his father was being too hard on him. the only person's soft hands would caress his cheeks and wipe out tears and make blow out his nose on a tissue when he accidentally tripped on a rock.

and lastly, his hero

His 'nii-san', the village's hero, the person who sacrificed his clan and family to protect his village but held deep love for his younger brother that he let him live.

he stood there, glancing at their faces ,with all memories flooding through. He wanted to speak, his throat felt dry, but didn't know what to say, the burning feeling in his chest dint help either, he dint know what to do, he felt like crying, but no, he couldn't .

beside him he saw naruto's eyes brimming with tears, naruto had tried his best to hold his tears in when he met his parents at the hokage's office, but yet, here he was letting his emotions out, sasuke watched naruto's tears fall from his eyes, roll off his cheek and fall to the ground.

and there he had it.

A lone tear rolled down his cheek

"I-Itachi" was the first word he said

Itachi nodded with a smile on his face

"you haven't changed from your emo colors is see" he replied eyeing his clothes

Seriously?? that's what he's going to say??

"we're here too you know" said Mikoto, trying to breakdown the awkward tension between her sons.

sasuke regained his attention and shifted his gaze to his mom and dad and smiled.

"i couldn't recognize you at first" his father stated, looking at sasuke at awe

"you've...grown really tall sasuke" Mikoto said looking at her son's face, admiring him

he still stood there ,feet not moving, his mother, Mikoto, stepped forward and embraced him, he put his single arm around her

"but still, you'll always be my little boy"