CHARACTER BIOS

Lucas Rex

Our main protagonist, Lucas was just your average neurotic 15-year-old from San Diego, California with a secret crush on his classmate Hannah McKenzie (which explains why she was so easily able to rope him into joining in on her hijinks) until one day during a school field trip to Dinosaur Reserve he and Hannah stowed away in the back of Wildlife adventurer Roger Temple's jeep coming face-to-face with creatures from Earth's ancient past turning both their lives upside down. Lucas is the "normie" character who unlike Hannah has little to no knowledge about prehistoric life serving as the audience POV character who asks all the stupid questions to facilitate exposition.

Hannah McKenzie

Lucas's best friend and classmate (also secret crush), Hannah is a 15-year-old girl with a love for paleontology and all things prehistoric. Hannah has had a fascination with dinosaurs since she was a little girl, something she got from her father Norman Mckenzie who is the owner of Dinosaur Reserve. being the daughter of the man behind one of the newest state-of-the-art attractions in the world makes her very popular with the kids in school, however that doesn't stop her from getting into trouble, as one fateful day during a school field trip to her father's park she drags Lucas into sneaking off to get a "behind-the-scenes" sneak peek at some of the park's upcoming attractions (which are under construction and off-limits to visitors) leading to her and Lucas sneaking in the back of Roger Temple's jeep and getting sent back in time. Hannah is a walking encyclopedia, with a wealth of prehistoric knowledge often serving as our main source of exposition.

Norman Mckenzie

Hannah's father and the CEO of Dinosaur Reserve, Norman Mackenzie always had a dream since he was a child to be able to see real-life extinct animals in the flesh, a dream that he wishes to share with his daughter and the world which is why he invited Hanah along with all her classmates to take a field trip to attend the grand opening of Dinosaur Reserve. he is a wealthy business tycoon who had a hand in funding the whole operation as well as the research into time-travel technology.

Bill

Dinosaur Reserve's tubby and aging head keeper, Bill is also a brilliant mechanic who can be seen tinkering with inventions in his workshop, the gadgets and vehicles he builds often end up saving Roger, Lucas, and Hannah whenever they're in trouble. Bill is very warm and funny, and he is also Norman and Roger's oldest friend the three sharing the dream of bringing the past to the present. Bill often acts as a surrogate grandfather to Hannah, imparting words of wisdom on the 15-year-old girl and often got stuck babysitting her when she was little while Norman was on business trips. he also develops a liking toward Lucas when he volunteers as an intern at Dinosaur reserve, seeing a bit of his younger self in the boy helping Lucas get that confidence boost he needed.

Mara

Dinosaur Reserve's head vet, Mara has always had a special connection with animals since she was very young able to empathize with creatures great and small and dedicated her life to use that special connection to save many furry, scaly, and feathery lives. her expertise in surgery and animal medicines has saved many of the park's residents from life-threatening injuries and illnesses on many occasions along with her knowledge of animal behavior and anatomy providing necessary input whenever the situation calls for it. she and Roger are implied to have a thing for each other, as the two are close. her empathy for animals is also the reason why she acts passive-aggressive towards the park's head of security Sidney due to Sidney's past as a former game hunter. that love of animals is also the reason why Mara is vegan, often making the snappy comment "sorry but I don't eat anything that once had a face".

Sidney

Former big game hunter turned head of Dinosaur Reserve security and captain of the ranger team, Sidney is one mean Aussie with a chip on his shoulder distrusting anything with fangs, claws, horns, spikes, or all of the above keeping a shotgun close to him at all times ready for the occasion if he were to be attacked. this lethal-force-as-the-first-option-of-self-defense mentality along with Sidney's past as an ex-game hunter puts him at odds with Dinosaur Reserve's animal-loving head vet Mara who always acts so passive-aggressive towards Sidney. that and Sidney's crass personality and constant use of aussie-isms make him very unpleasant to be around, even though he still cares about everyone at the park and their safety, as Norman McKenzie would say "Sidney may seem like a jerk on the outside, but he's a jerk with a heart of gold"

Laura

Dinosaur Reserve's head botanist, Laura is an expert on plant life which is why she was chosen to be the head of the park's greenhouse growing extinct flora from seed samples brought back from the past to decorate the park and give it that prehistoric vibe as well as being used to make herbivore feed, her plant expertise comes in handy when determining which plants are safe for the park's herbivores to eat and which are poisonous. she and her family moved to America from China, where she first met Norman McKenzie who offered her a job at the park.

Roger Temple

Part Zoologist, Part adventurer, Part dinosaur wrangler, Roger Temple was an old colleague of Hannah's father Norman McKenzie who shared his dream to bring the past to the present and open the ultimate wildlife sanctuary for all to see. Roger's job at Dinosaur Reserve is a special one, as he is the one tasked by Norman McKenzie himself to go back in time and risk his life to collect specimens of extinct animals of all kinds to populate the park. After finding out that Lucas and Hannah stowed away in the back of his jeep, Roger is initially upset at the two teens as he wouldn't be able to forgive himself if something happened to them especially his oldest friend Norman Mckenzie's beloved daughter. however after seeing the two teens get scolded by Norman for sneaking off and almost getting themselves killed, Roger's soft spot for the kids gets the better of him and offers to take the two under his wing as wildlife-adventurers-in-training, Roger vouching for the two teens seeing the bravery they both showed in the face of danger with his own two eyes leading to Lucas and Hannah becoming interns at the park. Roger Temple would be voiced by Nigel Marven, since that's who this character is meant to be a stand-in for.