Chapter 3

"Wow, Naho! This all looks amazing!" Azu said as they all sat down to eat.

She blushed, "Oh it's nothing all that special... besides, Kakeru helped me!"

"Is that why my carrots look like they've gone through a paper shredder?" Hagita asked incredulously.

Taka smacked him on the head, before smiling at Kakeru. "You did a wonderful job Kakeru."

He shrugged, "I don't know... I could have made the cuts a little cleaner..."

Suwa patted him on the shoulder, "Don't sell yourself short man! You did way better than I ever could."

He blushed, "I don't know about that..."

"Have confidence in yourself!" Azu smiled at him. "You don't need to beat yourself down all the time.

Naho took his hand and smiled up at him, "Say 'no' to the Little Voice."

He chuckled at the inside joke and pecked her on the cheek, "Ok. I will."

~line break~

After dinner, they all took a seat around the Christmas tree to open presents.

"Wait, you actually bought me the new comedy manga I wanted?" Hagita looked at Azu in surprise.

She blushed, before glancing away, "D-don't over think it stupid! I knew you'd bug me about it if I didn't get you something nice, and you never shut up about that manga, so I decided to get it. I don't care if you didn't get me anything if that's your problem..."

"Well actually..." now it was his turn to blush. "Here..."

He held out a small package which she cautiously took. "Oh!" she undid the paper and opened the box. "These are the earrings I saw at the mall the other day! How did you know?!"

He rubbed the back of his neck, "Well, I thought it would be more of a prank to actually get you a nice gift, than to not get you anything because I assumed you wouldn't get me anything. So I asked Taka what you would like for Christmas."

Azu furiously wiped a tear from her eye, "That is both the pettiest and the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me..."

"Yeah whatever..." he looked away, "Don't think I'm going to make a habit out of it or anything..."

Suwa started laughing, "You two are total dorks, will you just kiss already?"

"No!"

"No!"

"Oh no... look at that..."

They both looked up to see Taka standing over them with a smirk and holding a piece of mistletoe.

Azu's eyes widened. "You've got to be kidding me..."

Kakeru and Suwa had to grab on to each other to keep one another from falling over in hysterics. Even Naho couldn't help herself from letting out a few chuckles.

"Aw to hell with it!" Hagita quickly pushed himself forward and pressed his mouth against Azu's.

They all sat there in complete shock.

Azu gapped at him, "I... didn't hate that..."

"Me either..." Hagita said with a blush.

"Ha Gi Ta! Ha Gi Ta! Ha Gi Ta!" Suwa and Kakeru started jumping up and down chanting his name.

"Oh, shut up you two! Can't you see we're having a moment!" He yelled as they continued chanting.

Naho and Taka grinned as Azu continued blushing. "You guys are so weird..."

"Hey..." Suwa walked over to Taka. Hagita was busy yelling about something with Kakeru and Naho was gossiping with Azu. "Come here a sec..."

She nodded him an followed him into the kitchen. "What is it?"

"Here..." from behind his back, he pulled out a small bouquet of flowers. "I uh... didn't want to embarrass myself in front of the others..."

"Suwa..." she put a hand over her mouth in surprise. "I... wasn't expecting this..."

He blushed, "I... as I have had a year to process my feelings about everything that has happened... I realized that you were always right there by our side trying to help Kakeru. You are strong and fierce and such a loyal friend. I just wanted to say, thank you."

She blushed, "Don't mention it..."

Once Suwa and Taka had come back from the kitchen, and Hagita had calmed down, Naho went to sit by Kakeru. "Have you had a good Christmas?"

"Yeah..." he said with a big smile, "It's... the best I've had the last few years..."

"I'm so glad..." she said with a blush.

"Hey... come outside for a second..." he took her hand and they both walked out into the flittering snow.

Naho rubbed her hands over her arms, "Wow... it's kinda chilly..."

"Here..." Kakeru showed her to a bench, and he let her snuggle closely to him. "Close your eyes..."

She smiled softly, "This again?"

He chuckled, "Just do it or you're not going to get your surprise." She did as he asked as she felt him move his hand behind her neck. After a few seconds, he told her he could open her eyes.

"What did you... Oh..." her eyes widened as she looked at the necklace now hanging from her neck. "It's beautiful..."

"It uh... actually goes with the hair clip..." he blushed. "I bought them at the same time but... I was too scared to give you both, so I just did the one. But uh... now you can have the set..."

"Oh Kakeru..." she blushed and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "You're so sweet. Here, now you open yours..."

"Ok..." he slowly undid the wrapper of the small box. "A watch?" he asked in surprise.

She smiled, "Look at the engraving."

He flipped it over to the back and read out, "I deserve happiness."

"That way... even if none of us are around... you'll never forget..." she smiled at him.

He quietly wiped a tear from his eyes. "Thank you... Merry Christmas Naho."

She gently leaned into him. "Merry Christmas Kakeru. Here's to many more happy Christmas' to come..."

The End.

(A/N - Hey guys. Thank you so much for reading! I hope you liked it. :) Happy New Year!)