10. ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ

Modern!AU

GN!Reader

Warnings: Alcohol, Swearing, Implied cheating, Suggestive themes

Words: 20.5k+

Italics - Memories

Streams of sun pierced through the large window, falling right on the mirror and reflecting off it

Streams of sun pierced through the large window, falling right on the mirror and reflecting off it. The whole room was lit by natural light, making paper-white walls seem even brighter than before. A couple of vases filled with flowers were on the window sills and small tables, their colorful petals created a beautiful scenery around the place.

The sound of birds singing could be heard through the slightly ajar window, adding to the calmness of the day. Couches that were filling the space were empty, waiting for the people that were supposed to come here in a couple of minutes.

A small coffee table held a bucket full of thick ice cubes with expensive champagne placed in them that would be poured into champagne glasses sometime soon to celebrate today's event with your closest friends.

The air felt different as well. Breathing it, you felt like today it was giving you another reason to be positive. Another reason to keep your eyes open. Another reason to be here and just keep living. Even though the real reason that kept you alive and happier than ever for so long was in the other room.

You smiled to yourself looking at your reflection in the mirror, still not quite believing that the best day of your life finally came. The joy you felt was spreading all over your body only at the thought of it, it was enough to make you more and more excited with every second of standing here.

Your hands went above your head, putting a gray tie around your neck, then lowering them and tying the piece of clothing, so it would look presentable. It was something you always did yourself, but always was 'fixed' by your loving girlfriend. Today, however, you wouldn't have her to do that. Today you were entirely on your own with this.

And sometimes you hated when she did that. Especially when you were almost late to an event and she still grabbed you by your tie to straighten it the right way, in other words, 'her way' as you liked to say, doing it slowly as you had all the time in the world. In reality, you had so much as no time, but when you pointed that out, she just shrugged and replied with 'We will be fashionably late', before turning around and throwing you a smile over her shoulder. You would just shake your head at her and smile to yourself, making her giggle.

Thinking about it, you could practically hear her now. How that sweet sound left her mouth. It reminded you about the day you two met.

☰☰

You were walking along a wide corridor, phone pressed to your ear while you were looking everywhere and nowhere. Glancing to one of your sides you saw tall trees and multiple people through the large windows that made a big wall separating the rooms of the building from the outside world. Returning your head to look ahead you focused back on the conversation.