Chapter 4: Adapting to new situations

After sending a full report Alex had to admit he was feeling pretty bummed out after what happened. Those Borg ba*****s took Foster! Galerick, seems like no matter what Alex does, nothing would ever be good enough for him. Still at least it was nice to see that even his sister had his back on what happened. Right now he was tempted to ask the Borg nicely if they would be willing to trade Galerick for Foster. Needs of the many and all that garbage right? First he was too trigger happy, now Alex was an emotional fool for not shooting Foster. Every situation he could think of wouldn't have worked, at best: in the moment, Alex could have fired a stun setting on his phaser pistol, enough to buy Foster a few seconds. If he had hit Foster he would have lived and the rest of the crew could have had a fraction of a moment to deal with the Borg. But such odds would have made even the most reckless Ferengi cringe.

Alex decided to go check on the rest of his team. His sister was using some special tools to clean up and sharpen her new blade weapon that was now a part of her collection. He had to admit he was kind of proud of his sister, he knows she's been wanting one for a while and you can't exactly get the permission to replicate weapons.

"So A Batleth huh? Nice." Alex complimented.

Lexi smirks, "I know, but a Hirogen Tetryon Pulse Disruptor, that's a big score. Will certainly save you a bit ammo on your I-mod for a little bit."

"I'm just glad to be out of that disguise. I looked like an old rug factory." He joked.

She gave a look around for privacy before turning a little pink, "...I may have stolen a Mirror Universe gold uniform for keeps."

"Why?"

Lexi winks, "Cause I'm a bad girl. Also I found two of these in storage. Nicknaming them Vaporizers." She got out from her transporter buffers two very familiar looking teal phaser guns and gave him one.

"Vintage 23rd century Phaser from the Mirror universe & it's not even our birthday." He grins.

Lexi beams, "Thought it might cheer you up a little."

"Thanks." He gave a bit of a sigh.

Lexi put a comforting hand on his shoulder, "Hey, it'll be okay, bro. We'll figure out how to make things right. I got your back." She really did love her brother and knows better than anyone it wasn't his fault with what happened.

Rick, Telsia & Chell were actually talking about what happened when he came over. "Aw man, this sucks! This wasn't supposed to happen! How did the Borg get here?" Biessman questions.

"Rick, relax." Telsia says, trying to calm him down.

"Relax? Relax?! Those Borg killed Kenn! I'm gonna go over there and personally break everyone of their grimy necks with my own bare hands!" He yells clenching his two hands with a strangling motion. "Hey, Muno! We're going over there, right? We gotta teach them not to mess with Starfleet! For Kenn!"

"Rick, look, we can't just go over to a Borg ship for revenge." Telsia points out.

"Y-yeah, well what about Foster, huh? He might still be alive! We gotta save him!" Rick argues.

"They've probably assimilated him already..." Chell said rather glumly.

Rick was not having that kind of defeatist attitude, "Don't say that, man! We can get him! We're a professionally trained Hazard Team! We'll get him back & give'em some for Kenn!"

Telsia decided to just back away by checking on some of her stuff near her locker.

Alex thought he might try to say something, "Uh, Rick?"