Ruikasa rumours *head explodes*

art credits to nosoyodarku

"Takanashi, could you please take these to Kamishiro?"

The teacher had stopped Katafu in the hall. "Ah, his homework? Of course he didn't show up to class again," she sighed, taking the pile of papers from her teacher.

Kamishiro, a classmate of hers who practically never showed up for class. When he did, he'd always being doing weird stuff like laughing to himself...or drawing robots instead of working. She had heard that he had came from a prestigious private school, Katafu wondered what he had done to get booted out.

Finding Kamishiro wouldn't be difficult, though. Most of her peers are always complaining about how Kamishiro and Tenma are always up at the roof making a racket, or just shouting in general. Hence the name 'Weirdo Wombo Combo.'

Katafu arrived at the rooftop, expecting to hear shouts from the two. When nothing was heard, she started to wonder if they were even here. Katafu looked around the rooftop.

Ah, there they were! But...they were much more peaceful than usual. Tenma was concentrated on drawing, his eyes squinted and his face close to his sketchbook. Then Kamishiro, who was asleep on Tenma's shoulder. They were even holding hands!

Katafu would say they looked quite a bit like a couple. In all honesty, she thought it was cute. Katafu didn't want to disturb the two, so she decided that it would be best to leave the homework in Kamishiro's locker.

His locker was always the one with metal parts falling out of it. If you ever looked through the slots, you'd always find it crammed with robot parts. Katafu gently slipped the group of papers into the locker, hoping they wouldn't get buried in the junk.

"Katafu, Katafu!!"

She turned around to see her friend, Rei Kukushi. "Where have you been!? I have been looking for you everywhere!" Rei scolded. "The teacher had given me the job of giving Kamishiro his homework," replied Katafu, "him and Tenma are on the rooftop right now but...they looked like a couple! Kamishiro was even sleeping on Tenma's shoulder. I didn't want to disturb them so I decided just to put it into his locker."

"Kamishiro and Tenma...a couple, you say? Ooh this is good..." Rei said with a mischievous smile. "Rei...don't go around spreading rumours...we don't even know if they are—" Rei ran off before Katafu could finish. She let out a sigh. Rei was always one to spread 'juicy' rumours to start classroom drama. Hopefully this wouldn't be led back to Katafu.

...

{pov swap}

Tsukasa came to school the next day, the morning was normal until he heard a familiar call. Or you could say it was it a warning signalling the beginning of trouble.

"Tsukasa kun!! Good morning!" Rui ran up to Tsukasa to join him. "So about what we were talking about yesterday—"

"Before you fell asleep..?..ON MY SHOULDER. You know, it's a bit sore from your BIG FAT HEAD laying on it for, like, an hour," complained Tsukasa. Rui sighed, "I thought I apologized to you when I woke up. It's not that important. I want to continue discussing—" Rui had been cut off by a yell coming to the left of them.

"It's the weirdo wombo couple!!"

Couple? COUPLE? That's new. Wait... couple as in.... they think he and Rui are together? That's crazy. That's bonkers. That's yowza. "Couple?" Rui said, echoing his thoughts, "what happened to weirdo wombo combo?"

Seriously? The two were called a couple and he's worried about where the old nickname went? This fugly cat looking—

"Couple...like us two dating?" Rui said suddenly. "They think we are dating?" Rui asked again. "Wow good job, Sherlock," Tsukasa said, "I think you are failing to see the bad part of the situation."

"Bad part? They are just rumours. It doesn't matter if you don't let them get to you," Rui answered. Tsukasa gave Rui's words some thought. "I suppose you are right. Let's just ignore them."

...

"Tsukasa kun?" Rui asked quietly. The two were on the rooftop during lunch. Tsukasa looked at him, "What's up?" Rui hesitated, then finally spoke. "You said something along the lines of us dating would be...bad?" Tsukasa looked at him in surprise. He's really worried about that? "Like, do you think it would be really terrible to, um, date me..?" Rui said in nearly a whisper. He looked like he regretted his words.

Before he could speak Rui stood up. "Yeah, uhh you know what I think I hear my mom calling me. Fufufufghddj bye Tsukasa kunGSHSGH!!" Rui said half choking as he ran off. Tsukasa sat there alone with his mouth open.

He blinked a few times. Rui was worried about...Tsukasa not liking the idea of dating him? That's pretty high on the homo scale. This means...Rui likes him? Has a crush on him? Hopelessly in love with him? Tsukasa doesn't know if he has really considered it yet.

Dating Rui... it doesn't seem very terrible. At all. Does that mean Tsukasa likes Rui too? But...it doesn't add up.

Has he liked him the entire time, but never came to terms with it?. It's Rui. We're talking about Rui. The guy who's hobby is to put him in life threatening situations, has some annoying giggle, weird hair...

Tsukasa gave it some more thought. They were life threatening situations that Tsukasa agreed to, because he trusts Rui, quite literally, with his life. His annoying giggle and weird hair is part of his character. It's what makes Rui Rui.

Tsukasa likes Rui, and somehow never noticed. Not until the idea crossed his mind for once. It was all thanks to that silly rumour.

a round of applause for rei kukushi for helping Tsukasa realiz the is gay