Turning Tables

Prologue( 12 yr old Alex) 

So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me, 

No, I won't rescue you to just desert me 

I can't give you the heart you think you gave me 

It's time to say goodbye to turning tables 

Turning tables 

Next time I'll be braver 

I'll be my own savior 

When the thunder calls for me 

Next time I'll be braver 

I'll be my own savior 

Standing on my own two feet 

-Adele (turning tables)

All I could hear was the laughter around me. Everyone was laughing and pointing at me as if though I were some kind of animal at the circus. I started yelling "stop" but no one would listen that just kept laughing. Tears started to flow down my cheeks and I looked down ashamed that I had given up ashamed that I wasn't as strong as thought I was and most importantly ashamed of who I was. I knew the poster was a joke but it made me realize that I was nothing but worthless. 

I couldn't even speak anymore all you could hear were my whimpers and small but useless pleas for them to stop. Suddenly I heard a joyful giggle. I knew who it was coming from because I could recognize it anywhere. I looked up and looked eyes with the green eyed creature causing that noise.  

Our eyes locked but when I looked in to her eyes I didn't recognize the girl who held them. I didn't see the girl who slept over at my house so we can share our secrets and stay up late or who did my hair or painted my nails. Worst of all I didn't see the girl who I could whole heartedly trust or in other words my best friend Chloe. No I didn't see her instead I saw a cold hearted bitch who seemed disgusted by the mere sight of me which broke my heart in two.  

"Look at the fat cow she looks exactly like the poster"  

Chloe said and with a baby voice she cooed and said  

"aww is the poor baby crying, well she better get her fat ass up because you are disgusting and no one wants to see much less hear you cry. Why don't you go get mcdonalds huh? That'll cheer you up! You like food I mean you got the way somehow" 

I mean I knew this was going to happen sooner or later all the signs were there but yet I still held on hoping it wasn't true but it was. Now that it was happening I was rooted in place I felt tears going down but the rest of my body had gone numb. I looked around my fellow class mates looking around for someone who had actually cared but they all stood their laughing.  

My eyes caught on to two girls a red head named Emily and her brunette friend Carrie. I thought I could trust I thought I could call them my friends and at this moment was when They decide if that was true or not. I tied to display all my emotion in my eyes trying to ask them for help. I just wanted to disappear. 

We stared at each other for what seemed like hours then all sudden Chloe shouted out  

"hey Em, Car l take that poster down before teacher sees it we don't want to get in trouble" 

Carrie the tore her gaze away from me and started to walk robotically towards Chloe. With every step she took broke my heart into another piece. Emily just stood there looking like a deer stuck in head lights she looked at me and her eyes said it all. They told me to forgive her and frankly I didn't blame her. With one last sad look towards me she walked quietly towards chloe.