13. ᴡɪᴛʜ(ᴏᴜᴛ) ʏᴏᴜ

GN!Reader

Warnings: Break up, Fights

Words: 4k+

Based on the song "Ghost of You" by 5SOS

Here I am waking up,

Still can't sleep on your side

You stirred awake as the sun let its rays pierce through the windows and creep through the curtains, falling on your face and illuminating it. Squeezing your eyes tighter you turned your head to the pillows and rubbed the skin against the soft material.

A sigh left your lips as your face was still stuffed in the pillow. You extended your hand to the side seeking warmth, but it didn't find anything, only empty sheets that felt too cold on a summer day.

Moving your head to the side you kept your eyes closed for a moment longer trying to pretend. Pretend that the reality you were about to face wasn't the real one.

Slowly inhaling through your nose you let another sigh pass your lips getting rid of the air you just breathed in but felt like you were suffocating with it.

Your hand wandered further to the other side of the bed hopelessly trying to find anything there.

Finally, you let your eyes flutter open and they were met with empty space beside you. Staring at one place, not taking your eyes off of it, you let your hand slowly run through the sheets.

There hadn't been anybody for a long time, and you hated it. But you still could feel the warmth under your palm, the same one that always brought you comfort and a smile to your face.

Your hand stopped as you turned your body to lie on your back. Facing the ceiling your eyes were now wide awake, even though the sleep still swirled in them. But sleep wasn't the only thing that was running all over them.

It felt like forever since you had held her the last time. Since she had been there next to you. You hated waking up, but every time you had opened your eyes in the morning and had seen the red hair sprawled all over the place, there hadn't been a thing to complain about.

The way you would've put your arm around her and gotten closer. Her body had always reacted to your touch, scooting back to you and pressing herself more to your front, leaving no space between.

How she used to move one of her hands and run over yours before resting hers atop of it to intertwine your fingers.

Her body molding with yours, feeling like they'd been one. How you'd press your lips to the back of her neck, how her smell and touch had made you feel at home, lulling you back to sleep.

It wasn't there anymore, it hadn't been for a quite long time. You didn't want to let those thoughts take over your head, acting like it'd never happened.