Chapter 1... The Day We Joined

9 years ago

On the roof top that I would always play on, is where this all began. I was walking along the edge of the ten story hotel building, that I live in. Right at that moment one of my shoes slipped off of the ledge. I ended up screaming and holding on for my life.

But then I looked up to see that the sky had lit up with a purple ray of sunshine, or at least that’s what I thought it was.

The purple ray started to come towards me really fast. I had stopped screaming and focused on the light. It got closer, closer and then it hit me.

My hands let go of the edge, I fell. The screaming that I had stopped before have now began again. As I sore the windows of all my neighbours fly past me in a blur.

Then it all stoped and I was an inch away from the ground. I was just floating there with my eyes shut.

It’s ok, you can open your eyes now” said a voice.

I opened my eyes as I slowly levitated back to the ground. I sat up and looked around to see everyone staring at me from a distance. I got up and walked forward as they walked backwards away from me.

“What happened”? I asked the People that seemed to be scared of me even though I am only nine years old, ten in two weeks.

Nobody answered me as my mother came running towards me from the hotels doubled doorway.

“Zienna, Zienna, baby are you ok”? She asked me as she picked me up into a hug.

“I’m fine” I said as I slid off of her and looked up.

The purple light that made me let go was gone. I took my shoes and socks off and passed them to my mother. “These made me fall. I do not won’t them anymore”? I told her.

“Ok then honey” She replied with a look on her face that said I will put them away, you will need them later.

“Don’t keep them for later, either”. I said as the look on my mummy’s face changed from, save them for later to, she is so smart, and then to, how did she know that I was going to do that. This ended up as a confused look.

My mum has a long reddish brown pony tail that hung almost to the lower part of her back. She is tall with her black of the ground shoes, which made her look even taller.

The skirt that she wore was a business type skirt, and it went with the black stockings and the nice white long sleaved top that has a grey vest over it.

I sort of looked like my mum, apart from the cloths and the fact that my hair was straight, hers was not. I am wearing a pair of denim overalls and a white long sleaved open cardigan over the top. I was wearing white knee high socks and black buckle up shoes.

I also have a light blue ribbon in my hair.  My hair is almost the same as my mother’s apart from it being shorter and straighter.

“Come on dear” said my mother after she started to walk towards the entry way. I walked with her until one of the People standing and watching the whole thing came forward.

“How did she fall, and still be alive”? The woman asked my mother.

“Sorry”? My mother replied to the woman.

“Your kid just fell from... Oh my god... and she is still alive, Sue you should take her to the hospital”. The woman that I now remembered as, Pat said.

“Honey, what is she talking about”? My mother asked me as she looked down at me.

“I fell” I replied simply.