A Person I'd Never Met Before

"I see a little silhouetto of a man.   Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the fandango?"

As thunder crashed, the Wanderer remembered that dang song Columbina and Sandrone always teased him with. Apparently, it was a clown court opera song, or something. Of course it was. Columbina was, for lack of better words, a crap-head. Nothing about that "dameslette" was lady-like. More like a dame-stupid, he always said.

And Sandrone spoke in heaves and heaves of horse crap. Her breath stank from how much garbage she spewed. Needless to say, he never quite got along with the female Fatui harbingers.

But when he looked the full song up in a record book, it eerily matched his past up to a tee.

Mama just killed a man? Quite alike the shogun to do so.

Beelzebub has put a devil aside for me? Well she didn't set anything aside for him, but she did make him, and he was way less than a saint.

Nothing really matters to me? Sure. Nothing mattered.

Any way the wind blows? That line he didn't quite get until now, but he did have an anemo vision.

Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening? Yeah, thunder scared him for a while. He was over it now, of course.

And last but most accurate, I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all. He sighed. He remembered wishing that. But he certainly didn't want to die.

Whatever. He was in Mondstadt currently, as he felt he needed a change of pace from Sumeru. He was free to do as he pleased now, according to the Dendro Archon. Plus, Mondstadt was known for taking in "strays" like himself. "Hello young man!" A shopkeeper greeted him. "What do you want." The Wanderer growled. "Would you like to buy some fruit?"

The Wanderer scowled. "Fine. I am not hungry, but someone might want these later." He bought the fruits. They were cheap, anyways. But something caught his eye. "Where did you get these?" He asked.

"Ah, they were given to me by someone not long before you arrived, actually. It's fine, sir, really. I don't know what they are, so you can take them on the house." The Wanderer panicked. The fruits were Lavender Melons.

Did this person intend to leave a message for him? How did they know he was from Inazuma? Unless... "Was this person a blond woman?" He said. He was going to be pissed if the Traveler was behind this...

"No, the woman had purple hair. Very similar to your own, actually." He panicked again. Who was it? "Um..." He gasped. "Who was the person? Do you-"Wow, I was waiting for you to figure it out."

The Wanderer whipped his head around. His anemo vision glowed with power. "You dare gaze upon m-"

The woman grabbed his hand and pinned him to the wall. "I don't think so." She was a little taller than him, with a larger hat similar to his own. He blushed a light red. "G-get off me!" She removed her hand.

"I recognize you from somewhere. Or, well, I don't, but I recognize your constellation." His eyes widened.

"Are you sure, woman? You don't go up to people and pin them up to walls just because you recognize a star map." She snorted. "I admit, that was quite rude of me. But what I don't recognize is you. So how do I know your constellation?"

Hydro magic accumulated in her hand. "Explain. Are you a murderer of some sort, and you still have the constellation residue on your hands?"

She lifted her hands up to his neck. He struggled (or pretended to) but she was strong, surprisingly, for a mortal. "Let's at least go somewhere to talk about this like civil people."