13. Belfast

𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒆, 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆, 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒇𝒚.
𝑼𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝑰 𝒍𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒓, 𝑰 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒆.
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒆 𝒐𝒇𝒕-𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕.
𝑰𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒓'𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝑶𝒇𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒅𝒍𝒆, 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒔 𝒛𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒈𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒂 𝒇𝒂𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈

Belfast

James O Keefe gets a call.

Abel Teller just showed up in Belfast. Hes sitting with Christopher as we speak. The voice speaks from the other end of the phone line. What do you want me do. I can send him away.

No. Bring him to me. I'd like to see what news Collins brings before we send Abel away. Besides I'm curious to what the boy has to say.

You got it.

Abel arrives and is walked inside. He sits waits and is finally sent to a back office.

Wow look at you. All grown up. How are you boy? You were a baby last I saw. You fly the coop and end up in my back yard again.
What can I do for you son.

Actually I was hoping I could do something for you.

Meanwhile Collin Malloy arrives back in Belfast. He walks down a long hallway and passes a few armed guards before he enters double door. The kings were all sitting at a table waiting for him to arrive.

He tells them of his talk with Samcro and Chibs refusal to work for the cause.

Well then let's hear plan B. James brings up Abel and a plan that could change everything.

Our intel garentees that Connor will betray Samcro and when he does Chibs will have a change of heart. They will have no choice but to buy from us. With that betrayal fresh they will have no problem turning on Connor.

Best plan is to get rid of Samcro. One argues.

Yes that would be the smart play and now we can do that and still keep our relationship working with the Sons.

And how do we do that.

Abel Teller takes the table and he works for us. It will be a whole different charter, one that now bends to our needs.

And what if he betrays us.

Then we kill the boy and Samcro for good. Besides our Priest died for the boy we should use that to our benefit. Either way we get what we want. Revenge is Connor.

I agree. Each agrees around the table. All looking to even the score after loosing Galin and a handful of soldiers to the American MC.

Let's call Father Grady he can speak to the boy about Kellen.  We can at the very least school the boy on how things are done here.

...

I'm father Grady.  Kellen Ashby was a close friend of mine for a long time. I was sad to see him go.  I know you don't remember you were a baby.

I only remember what they told me.  The priest gave up his life to save mine.  The least I could do was come here and pay my respects.

Of course.  See the priest knew that if you followed in your fathers footsteps and your grandfather's before him that you'd be dead to.  He only wanted to give you a better life.  Kellen Ashby he wasn't perfect but he was a man of God.  He helped people even if they didn't know they needed it.   He knew that one day you'd come asking and that he wanted you to have them.  They were letters from JT.  He knew they'd be nothing to Jax but to Abel there weight in Gold.

He sat in the quiet. The still of the night.  Alone with his thoughts.  He opened the letters with a feeling of hope that he never had before.  He never got to know his dad.  He barely remembered him and it meant everything to have his family with him now. Even now he felt them close by.  And the letter said.

I dont know what I'm doing anymore.  My life isn't my life and when I look in the mirror I don't recognize the man staring back at me.  Those once I called family I dont know who they are.  Everyone is a stranger.  I dont feel anymore. Just numb to everything.  I know I should be afraid but that fear flees me.  The only fear thats left is for the ones I leave behind.  The ones too young to know the dangers ahead.  I feel it's maybe too late for my sons.  I hope that I'm wrong and there is a higher power out there to help guide them but I just don't know.  If there was one piece of advice that I could give them it would be something so simple.  I would tell them to run.  The letter seemed to jump over a small space of time. 

I had a knott in my stomach and an evil feeling hovering over me.  Like a hopelessness that you knew deep down would never go away.  A worry that you can't quite place.  A dread that taunts and terrify you.  An evil has crawled through me and now taints my very soul. It's like when you see something you wish you hadn't and knowing that it will never leave your thoughts.  Not ever.  I knew it was a warning and still there was nothing I could have done to prevent it.  And even in his death That sadness turned to hope.  At least my sweet Thomas will never know this life.

The letter was not what I had expected and a part of me wanted to know more but I knew it wouldn't change things.  Whats this a way to get me to change my mind about this way of life or some shit like that.  I tossed the letters to the father.

No boy its the reasons you do it.  We all know your not going anywhere but what I'm trying to get you to see is what good you could do while your here.  When you have the power at the head where you belong.  What are you going to do with it.  Your young your going to need someone to guide you.  Let us be that for you and I promise you will be unstoppable.

He could take it as a warning or he could hold it to heart. Keeping his dad and granddad close feeling there presence to help guide him.  He knew what his dad would have done.  He would have taken everything including the girl.  Nicole, Nicole, Nicole.....  Oh that girl has me spinning.  I pictured our last time together drawing strength from it. 

....

While Abel was scheming. Thomas was getting along fine in charming.

Nicole stood at bar wiping glasses getting everything in order for a lockdown if it was necessary.

Thomas was fitting in with the kids. Did everything that was asked of him within the club and even watched Kenny get patched in. One day that would be him he thought.

He and Ellie started to hang out for awhile. He starts to like Opies daughter alot but she starts to pull away because she doesn't feel the same. He doesnt take it very well and gets into an argument with Piper Lylas son.

Thomas shows cruelty after the two of them start to throw a few punches. Kenny breaks it up as he watches Thomas break Pipers nose. Poor Piper lay bleeding on the floor while Thomas continues to kick him.

What the hell is wrong with you bro. Kenny says picking Piper up off the floor. After that Ellie refuses to speak to Thomas. She becomes frightened of him. Even Kenny feels differently towards the boy.

A sad and confused Thomas sits alone in the back of the storage room. His hands still bloody from the fight as Nikki pushes inside.

You want to tell me what happened. Nikki asks trying to comfort Thomas.

Everyone hates me.

They don't I know it feels that way but its not as bad as you think. I don't understand why people don't like me.

She looks down at his hands and picks up a rag running it under some water to clean his wounds..

Your a damaged soul like most of us here you just need to find your way. She tries to reassure as she cleans his cuts. Thank you Nicole. Your the only one that understands.

I've been where you are at. I'd like to tell you it gets easier but I won't lie to you. Only you can make it ok somehow. Finding your place in life isn't easy. Your gonna have to work for it.

I will.

Good now go back out there and finish your work. Dont let the guys see any weakness.