noco | new years

requested

noah and cody had decided to go out for the night to watch the count down and fireworks for the new years. they had set up on a small hill where they could just see the countdown.
they still had about 5 minutes until it turned into a new year.

noah knew cody was a little afraid of loud noises, so that's why they decided to be away from the huge crowd gathered in front of the tower with the countdown.

before they knew it, the clock reached 4 minutes.

"it's really nice to be here tonight with you, noah." cody looked at him.

"yeah, im glad we can go into a new year together." noah smiled.

cody was a bit surprised, considering noah usually uses sarcasm. but he was glad he gave a genuine response and not just some bullshit.

noah looked over towards the tower and saw it had 3 minutes left. goodness, where was time going?

"we have 3 minutes until a new year." noah looked at cody and smiled. he wanted to trick cody for the last time this year.

"so you know what that means?" noah softly smiled at his boyfriend.

"what?" cody replied.

noah grabbed his favourite book from beside him and opened it with a little smile. "maybe just a minute of reading will do the trick!" noah said as he looked at the book.

"noahh!" cody frowned. he looked genuinely disappointed and looked back towards the tower to see 2 minutes left.

noah closed the book and but it back beside him. "i'm only playing with you cody." he put his hand on his shoulder.

"thank god for that." cody laughed.

they both looked at each other and smiled. they knew that they could trust each other. they knew that they liked each other.

"it's been great with you this year! i know bigger and better things will come next year!" cody smiled and showed his gap. which made noah laugh.

"i'm glad we got together. i know it was not really a good place on that stupid reality show, but it's how i met you. and i'm grateful for that." one minute.

those words touched codys heart. he gave in and hugged noah one last time for the year.

50 seconds.

"im just sort of happy you accidentally kissed my ear. that's how we really started talking.

40 seconds.

"and it's also when the whole team said we should date." noah rolled his eyes, thinking about the screaming golfers.

30 seconds.

"yeah yeah! good times, heheh." cody smiled awkwardly and turned back to his previous position.

"it's been great. i love you cody." noah patted his shoulder and looked at the count down, hearing screams of the crowd counting down.

20 seconds.

"i love you too noah!" cody said as he sat back up and scooted closer to noah. they began to watch the clock.

15 seconds.

10 seconds.

5 seconds.

noah and cody looked towards each other,

4 seconds.

leaned in,

3 seconds.

closed their eyes,

2 seconds.

put their hands around each other,

1 second.

and softly kissed as the screams of voices cheered "happy new year!"