That one night that changed my life forever

(Liz's POV)
I never thought this would happen to me, everyone around me had always envied my life and had always talked about how "perfect" my life was.

Well, to be honest, my life was kind of perfect up until 2 weeks ago, that was when my life changed completely.
I've to admit, it was a nightmare and it scared me so bad. Maybe that specific day was the end of my "perfect" life, what if my life would never be the same again and go back to the way it was?

One thing I've also been good at, was to hide from truth, when problems in my life appeared or whenever I felt like the pain was never going to end, it was just easier to hide from the truth than face the reality. Megan has always told me that, whenever the pain grows bigger than you, you just have to let it all in and find that one thing inside of you that makes you strong and keep fighting. But this time it was different, the pain was literally killing me on the inside, I was so scared and terrified and had no idea of how to handle all that pain.

The only thing I knew was that I needed to protect Megan, I could never let her get involved in this and get hurt.
Megan and I are twin sisters, we are best friends and we have always been, she knows me better than anyone, and she is one of the people in my life that I trust the most.

Which is why I need to protect her, even if it meant that I had to risk my own life.

And just like that I could hear a loud noise from the other side of our house, it sounded like glass shattering into million pieces. "He's here" was my first thought, he had found me.....