Part 1

Kaci's POV:

I've always had anxiety, but I never thought it would hit this hard from meeting my favourite celebrity. It just hit me as if I walked plainly into a glassdoor. I didn't see it coming. At all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A day earlier:

I was in my room getting ready. I was finally going to the concert I had been waiting for, for approximately an entire year. It was supposed to have happened back in march, but it was rescheduled because of covid.

"Mom! I'm ready to go!" I was wearing some white widelegged pants, a white croptop and a beige cardigan. And ofcourse my usual go to Jordan 1's. I honestly don't think I would be able to live without those. They go with literally every single outfit.

I grabbed my brown crossbody bag, put my phone in it and grabbed my suitcase. Even though I was so excited about the concert, I was going alone. And first off, I had to travel from Glasgow, Scotland (where I live) and to London. I didn't get the tickets for the Glasgow show, so the next best thing would be London.

My mom was driving me to the airport. We sat in the car and I was the one to be in charge for the aux-chord. On the speakers, on full volume, Never Be Alone by Shawn Mendes was playing. I was screaming the lyrics in the car, my mom not thinking much of it as she is used to it by now, but people driving by probably thought I looked insane. Finally after the short 20 minute drive from where I lived to the airport, we arrived. I jumped out of the passenger side of the car, grabbed my suitcase and went to hug my mom goodbye. As I hugged her I realized that she was crying. "Mom, I'll only be gone for 3 days" I giggled "I know sweety, just be careful, I don't want anything happening to you. Have you remembered your anxiety medicine??" She wiped her tears looking at me. "Yes, I have everything mom, now I have a plane to catch and a concert to go to tomorrow." I smiled mentioning the concert. "And besides, I'm 19, an adult, so I'll be fine."

As I sat in the plane I put in my airpods, and put on some music. The flight was only a small 30-45 minutes, so it wasn't too bad. When I had arrived at LCY, London City Airport, I collected my luggage, making sure I had everything. Even though I was only staying there for 3 days, I think I had packed for an entire week. I had no clue as to what I was gonna wear for the concert tomorrow. A small hour later I got to my hotel. It wasn't a very big room, but it had what I needed. A bed, bathroom and a little small balcony. Oh and ofcourse there was a full length mirror too. I unpacked and decided to head right to bed. It was the evening and had been wuite the day. I made sure to take my medicines and put on my pj's and lied on the bed. I scrolled a bit through instagram, seeing Shawn had posted a story:

Shawn: "Heyyyy beautiful people, I just wanted to pop on here saying that I am so excited for tomorrows show at the London Arena. Looking forward to seeing you all! Love you"

He did his little usual kiss that he blew in the air, and the story ended. I think I rewatched it roughly about 10 times. After that I fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day of the concert:

I woke up at around 10:30 and got ready to go exploring. I'm so rarely in London, so shopping at all the stores they have there, that we don't have in Glasgow is definetly a must. I put on some black ripped jeans, a black top and a blue flannel. And the Jordans. I grabbed my bag, putting in the keycard for my hotel room and my phone and walked out. As I got into the street I breathed in the nice air. It had rained over night, so the smell of summer rain had spread around London. I decided that the first thing I wanted to do was to grab myself some coffee, so I headed to the nearest Starbucks and got myself an iced latte. Yes, pretty basic I know, but it's good! I sat down at a tall table by the window looking out at the street waiting for my name to be called. When it did I went and grabbed the coffee and sat back down. I looked at the cup 'Casey' it said. I thought to myself how people literally never get my name right when spelling it. Yes I know, it's a bit different than the usual Kaci, but come on, it cannot be that hard. I was drinking my coffee, looking out at the street, I tried thinking about what to do next.

As the day went on I got quite a bit of shopping done, and even though I had packed so many outfit options for tonight, I did end up buying this cute pinkish flowery summer dress I was gonna wear. I went back to my hotel to start getting ready. The thing about the concert I was most excited about was the fact that I was going to meet him. Like I was going to meet Shawn. Peter. Raul. Mendes. Like what the actual flip. Finally I was ready, and it was time to head for the venue. It was a small 15 minute walk to the arena, but as I had chosen to get there about an hour before the meet and greet doors opened, the queue wasn't as long as it probably would be half an hour from now. I stood in the queue, and now it was just waiting time.

The meet and greet had started and I think there was about four or five people infront of me, waiting in line to meet him. There had already been like 10 people through. As it was nearing my turn I started to feel anxious. I did remember to take my medicine this morning, but I could just feel it kicking in. I've always had anxiety, but I never thought it would hit this hard from meeting my favourtie celebrity. It just hit me as if I walked plainly into a glassdoor. I didn't see it coming. At all. Suddenly my vision started to get blurry and my breathing really fast. It was my turn, but I just stood there. A woman walked up to me asking me if I was okay. I was unable to answer. Suddenly a tall figure came rushing up to me. It was Shawn. He took me to the side and sat me on a couch and made sure that I got brought some water. I didn't even freak out when he came up, I was way too far gone in my own mind at the time.

He finished up the last 20-ish people and came over to me. He sat beside me "Are you okay?". I had calmed down again and I looked at him. "Thank you for helping me" "Oh it's no problem, I know the whole anxiety world pretty well, and I know you don't wanna be left alone without any help or anyone to talk to." I nodded. His voice was so much calmer in real life. "You're going in to see the Q and A too?" I shook my head "No, I sadly only had the money to buy a normal meet and greet ticket, so I just have to go wait to get into the venue now..." I looked down, a bit sad that I wasn't going to the Q and A. "If you want to you can come anyways, I'll just say you're with me." "Really?? That's too much Shawn, are you sure?" "Yes, now what's your name beautiful?" I was seriously freaking out and screaming on the inside by now, but was telling myself to stay calm on the outside. "I'm Kaci, spelled K-A-C-I" "That's a nice name".

I sat down in the back at the Q and A. A lot of questions were asked throughout the half hour. I didn't personally ask any questions, but one question did catch my attention. "Would you give up your career for love?"