DAY TWO: JONATHAN

Okay, first let's get things straight. David described me all wrong. He's just jealous that I'm better at math than him.
It was one in the morning. "Ugh," grunted Billy, who was sitting in the chair next to me, "When will this plane ride ever end?"
"Hey," Benton replied, "We've only been here for two hours."
"That's two hours too much." Billy said.
"Look out the window," I said, "you can see all the different watersheds."
"It's vacation, Jonny," Alexia said from the seat behind us, "I don't want to learn."
"Actually," I replied, "it's quite interesting. All the water is flowing into that one river right there." And that river flows into another river until it reaches he ocean, right... there!" You could see where the land abruptly landed, and where the deep sea began. I spun around my seat and said to Alexia, "Do you get it?" She was pretending to be asleep. "Sorry," She said to me, "you bored me to sleep." I looked over at Zoe, who was on her computer, typing away. "Did you find it interesting?" I asked Zoe. "What? Oh, hi Jonny. What'd you say?" Zoe asked.
"Never mind." I said, slumping into my seat. Sometimes I feel like the only evolved person in my family. I didn't even bother asking David; he was probably the least evolved of everybody. I decided to sleep, so the ride would feel shorter. I didn't have the most pleasant dreams.
. . .

I was on the plane. Billy and Benton were gone. I looked behind me. So were Alexia and Zoe. I could hear footsteps. Loud ones, as if the people were in a hurry.
"This is your Captain speaking. Please calm down. Put on your life vests and-"
"Jonny!" I could hear Benton yelling my name. "Jonathan wake up!"
"What?" I said, groggily. Then I heard the shouting.
"David, where are you?" I heard my uncle yelling.
Then there was the crash. The sound was horrid. People screaming. The wings being torn apart. The splash of the water. The scrape of the metal against rock. Soon, I couldn't even hear or see anything. Except for darkness. There was only darkness.