Chapter 6

Love, it's a very peculiar feeling to have. It makes people do and feel things they've never had before. It can be a great thing, or possibly a horrible thing. That truthfully depends on the recipient.

Being heartbroken isn't the worst thing in the world. You start to learn more about yourself. You grow from the mistakes that lead you down the path before. Well, that is the goal at least.

Though, many people go through a new persona when the heartbreak happens. Once you're at your lowest point, you are no longer you. That image before is just a picture frame turned over. Then it's only up to yourself to become that person again, or someone even better.

Akari feared you could change into a different person. A person she wouldn't know, or even a person she couldn't rely on. It didn't help that she blurted out something her heart said, but her mind did not agree with. She will admit it wasn't right to say something like that in that kind of moment. However, this course and your certain actions have confused her too.

Nobody is to blame here truthfully. This curriculum forced upon these young adults isn't the brightest thing to do.

"Akari?" Someone called for her to get her out of her own thoughts. She snapped out of it and looked up to see her orange haired friend with a worried look on her face.

"Sorry, spaced out." She nervously replied. "Did you ask anything?"

"I asked if you plan on going to karaoke with us this evening. All the guys want us to bring you a long."

"Sure!" She smiled at the invite.

"Are you okay?" Natsumi asked. "You seemed like you had a lot on your mind."

She turned to her other friend. "Yeah, I'm okay. Just thinking of things I might need to get later. Might just get Y/n to get it" she lied. Well, partially. You did need some more detergent, so there was something.

"Oh speaking of him," Sachi started. "Today would be a great day for him to come along. I'll ask him later."

"Ah, I don't know if he will come. He's been through a lot lately." Akari revealed.

"Oh?" She quirked an eyebrow. "You seem to be buddy buddy with him now."

"We live together." She argued. "Yes we didn't get along at all at first, but everything is bearable now." She played off. Everything was technically not bearable right now. Her confusion, your sadness you are feeling, she didn't know what to do or think. So, the only option she chose was to continue to act like herself.

"Whatever you decide, we'll support you no matter what Akari." Natsumi gave her reassurance.

"I agree."

"Wait, what're you talking about?" Akari asked the redhead.

"Don't worry about it! Come on! Let's go get some lunch! I'm hungry!" Natsumi changed the subject as the bell to leave class rang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akari left the school building once the day was over with. She was on her way to meet everyone at karaoke. Her excitement was hard to contain. Though, she was still worried about you.

Walking to the front of the school, she spotted you laying up against a wall. You were currently looking at your phone.

"Oh there's Y/n!" She called out to you. She started to walk to you, but almost tripped over herself when she made eye contact with you. Your empty eyes had no change of expression seeing her. That was a slight annoyance to her.

"Hey" You replied to her. Your monotoned voice echoed through her ears.

"Can you get some more detergent this evening? The green one with the flowers!"