𝟏.𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

𝙔/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

I stare at Kincaid  doodle on his sketchbook when Mrs.Squint speaks.

M.S-"Charlie?"

He doesn't seem to notice and is simply drawing. It's like he is in his own world. ... Stupid...

M.S-"Charlie!"

Kincaid jumps a bit at the sudden boost back to reality.

M.s-"You're up." she says sternly at his ignorance 

He awkwardly shifts out of his seat and gets his page ready.

C-"The nuc- No..."

His eyes scan the page as if he is struggling to find the start.

C-"Well, my presentation isn't about any of these energy sources, it's actually about a new one. Which happens to be the world's greatest hero, The Guard."

Berger and I quickly look at each other.

Berger and I immediately start mouthing and whispering "No.." and "Kincaid, don't."

Kincaid has always been an idiot. Ever since he started hating me in kindergarten. I'm not even sure what I did. Berger and I have always been on amazing terms to the point where we call each other talking about random things. I'm not usually a fan of boy best friends but he is an exception because I know he likes my best friend and the girl who I've known since birth so I usually help him find ways to ask her to the dance. 

M.S-"Charlie, how is this relevant?"

C-"Everybody's talking about how The Guard stopped that nuclear meltdown in India, right? Or how he saved those kids in Taiwan, or stopped that jet from crashing in Brazil. But nobody's talking about how he did it."

He has a point. A stupid one but it is still a point.

C-"He's got some kind of new energy source, and it's not any of these..."

A girl walks into the class with blue highlights in her jet black hair. She wore a jean jacket with a bunch of embroideries in the denim. She wore some jeans with it which in my opinion is a bit too much denim but it suits her so I couldn't complain. She has two french braids in her hair as tight as Lizzie's shirt was. It took me a second to process who it was when I realised.

My all-time best friend.

She stares around the room for a minute to meet my eyes for a second with a smirk. I may or may not have had a crush on her for a bit before she moved but she didn't like me. She liked stupid Fernandez. It was fine though. I haven't had a crush on anyone since and I think my tiny crush on Maya barely counts because it was for a month. 

M-"Uh... Hey. Am I at the right place?"

M.S-"You must be Maya Monroe? Class, this is our new transfer student from Turkey. So please do not mock any strange customs that she-"

C-"She used to go here..."

Kincaid said refusing to make eye contact with anyone while looking down. I see Kincaid turn ever so slightly with a mini burp. He burps when he's nervous. I learned that about him over the years. I know his history with Maya. They almost kissed (which she told me was she almost did out of pity for the boy), but he wimped out and then spread a rumour about her having bad breath. Maya luckily and I stayed in touch so she told me everything.

The class giggles at it because first off their immature and secondly they are already gossiping about the two. 

M.S-"Whatever. Miss Monroe, take a seat."