Night Six

Mark's alarm went off at 10, and he rolled over, turning it off with a sigh. He lay on his back, staring up at the dark ceiling, not sure if he would be able to get up.

But Mad's threat had been surprisingly effective, so Mark forced himself out of bed.

***

A few hours later, Mark was standing outside of Freddy Fazbears, finding it hard to move his legs. They had somehow turned into jelly in the few minutes it had taken him to walk from his car.

"Alright Mark, you got this... You better go in or else he'll probably murder you," Mark muttered to himself, taking a deep breath.

He forced his legs to take a step forward, finding it easier to move the more he made himself. Mark walked into the building, the door latching with an abrupt click behind him. Mark jumped, looking back to the now locked door with a nervous expression, his insides twisting in on themselves. Mark took a deep breath and continued into the dark pizzeria, finding his way back to the brightly lit office.

Once again, he was greeted by Mad dramatically spinning around in the desk chair.

"Welcome back Mark! I knew you'd come back," He said happily.

"I- I didn't really have a choice, of course you knew I'd be back," Mark muttered spitefully.

"Aw, come on, don't be so down Markimoo, you get to spend all night with me, doesn't that sound fun?" Mad asked, standing from the chair and walking over to Mark.

He was still wearing the bear onesie, Mark couldn't tell if the red splattered onto the front of it was a design choice or blood, and he wasn't sure he wanted to know.

"I- uh..." Mark wasn't sure how to answer the question, and it was getting harder to form words the closer Mad got, "S- sure-" He finally managed to stammer out as he walked backwards, trying to keep Mad from coming within a five foot radius.

Eventually Mark felt his back bump up against the wall, but Mad only stopped when he was about a foot away, a grin playing across his features.

"S- so wh- what did you want me to do tonight?" Mark asked nervously, his breath coming quickly, feeling panicked from being trapped in between the wall and a madman.

"I figured we could start with the office, seeing as it's where we spend the most time," Mad said, leaning even closer to Mark.

Mark pressed himself up against the wall as far as he could, but wasn't really getting as far away from Mad as he would have liked. However, Mark did notice something he hadn't before, with Mad so close to him now. The faintest scent of cupcakes clung to his bear onesie, the sweet scent seeming a bit out of character for the deranged man.

Mark decided not to bring it up, he wasn't sure what would get him stabbed and what wouldn't.

"Ready to start cleaning then, cutie?" Mad said quietly.

Mark almost winced when he felt Mad gently grab his hand, covering it up with a nod instead, "Y- yeah..."

"Great, let's go!" Mad said, suddenly excited as he pulled Mark away from the wall and into the center of the room.

"You start by gathering up all the papers in this box and we can sort them later," Mad said, letting go of Mark's hand.

"What box?" Mark questioned.

"This one," Mad said, pulling a box out from behind him, apparently from nowhere.

"R- right..." Mark said, taking it from Mad but not about to ask where it came from.

"Perfect, and... I guess I'll start fixing the wall," Mad said angrily, glaring at the broken wall.

"O- ok," Mark stammered, unsure how to react to Mad's mood swings.