Chapter 1: Tommy's problems

Author's note: I've been thinking of writing this all day, I just got the time. I'm sorry if there are any typos!! I was listening to the "Maxwell the cat theme" while writing this so uh here's the link:D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1PPvzV0tm4

Edit: I just realized that people may be concerned about the sh for 6th and 7th graders but some of this is kind of a vent fic and when I was younger like in late elementary and middle school (which I'm in right now) I've had a problem with sh. Heads up that I am not normalizing sh, I am just trying to reflect on my own problems.

Tommy's POV:

I had bandaids all over my arms. Why? Well, my sleeves roll down a lot so with bandaids people won't suspect I hurt myself! Whenever my Techno and Wilbur see the bandaids, they exchange concerned looks. I ignore it though, I mean whenever they ask I say their paper cuts or cat scratches! I don't have a cat, but my friend does and I go to his house a lot. 

The bandaids started to appear more, but I told them the same thing. It was the only way. Toby and Ranboo didn't seem to notice them much. They weren't concerned either. Perfect. Everything was going great! When I got home from school, I went straight to the bathroom knowing I was going to relapse. I was fucked.

I sliced the blade across my wrist. It was painful but I felt relieved. After doing it a couple more times, I got a message. It was from Wil. Fuck.

Wilbur

Hey toms

Tomsss

Tommyyd

Tommm

Tomsy

Eyyy willl

wassup man???

Wilbur

 nothing much i just wanted to ask you, are you ok?

I know ur gonna say ur fine but ik those arent paper cuts toms.

Tomsy

umm I'm fine, trust me their paper cuts.

Wilbur started a call

"Wil?" 

"Toms. Please be honest, those aren't paper cuts are they." 

Shit fuck fuck shit

"Wil please."

"I'm coming over. And you can't say no because ur parents love me."

"fuck you"

The call ended. I was screwed. I decided to hide the blade and look for some disinfectant. I had a shitty headache so I looked for some Advil too. I heard the doorbell. Fucking hell. 

"Tommy go get the door!" My mom yelled, I grabbed some bandaids and put them on the cuts. I was going to clean it later.  I ran downstairs to open the door. I saw a tall brunette, it was Wil.

"Um hey"

"Toms can I come in?"

"sure.."

I was fucked. I let him in and closed the door. I told my mom it was Wil, she sounded happy. Me and Wil ran upstairs. I sat on my bed, he joined me. 

"Tommy, you know why I'm here. If their not self-harm cuts then take off the bandaids and show me." Wilbur said, I was fucking screwed. I rolled up my sleeve. But I saw the blood got through the bandaid. Shit shit.

"No point in telling me their paper cuts now Toms.." Wil said, it sounded like he was making fun of me. I couldn't tell. 

"Tommy you can talk to me, you know that?"

It sounded unreal. It sounded like a lie, but he was telling the truth. 

"Do you mind if I take off the bandaids so we can clean it?"

"Sure.."

We walked to the bathroom, I grabbed the disinfectant. Wil grabbed some tissues and bandages. He took off each bandaid, looking more concerned after each one was taken off. 

"Tommy..these are deep..."

"I know." 

They looked irritated. I started to cry. I failed myself. I was pathetic. 

"I'm fucking pathetic." I thought to myself. Wilbur gave me a look though.

"You're not pathetic, Tommy." 

Apparently, I had said that out loud.

"Sorry I thought I said that in my head," I replied, softly.

"Are there more on your other arm?"

"Yea.." 

I sounded pathetic. So fucking pathetic.

"Holy shit these are worse," Wil said

"I know, I'm sorry." 

"You don't have to be sorry Tommy. It's ok," Wil said

Once we were done, We went to my room. 

"Why'd you do it Toms?"

"It's better than killing myself."

I could tell Wilbur was shocked. 

"Tommy please don't ever think of killing yourself."

I didn't respond.

"What did you use to hurt yourself? Where is it?"

"I used a sharpener blade, it should be near my bed."

"Anything else?"

"No"

I lied, he knew I lied. He still didn't say anything. 

"A knife and a box cutter. I knew you were lying." 

He threw all the blades in a bag. I knew he was gonna throw them away somewhere. I started to sob.

"Oh Tommy. If you ever feel like doing this or you do it please call me right away."

"O-ok.."

Wilbur's POV:

I grabbed my phone to check the time. 6:50 PM, fuck I promised Phil I'd be back at 7. I texted Techno.

Wilbur

Hey techno

I'm with Toms rn

Techno

IS TOMMY OK??

DID HE ACTUALLY HURT HIMSELF..?

Wilbur

Tommy did hurt himself. He has been.

It makes me feel so stupid for not reaching out earlier

Techno

..

When will you be home..?

Wilbur

at 7.

Techno

see you then.