Part 1 👽 - Playing Dress Up

"Well, that was a great show. That was a great show. Yeah." Lea said to herself while turning the television off after watching a new show she subscribed to for two hours.

She was smiling and was about to go to the kitchen when she realized that their house was so quiet. "Why is it so quiet?"

After having two kids, her house has never been peaceful like this. Instead of being relaxed, she felt the amount of beats her heart could make per minute skyrocketed.

"Please, God. Please, God. No!" She ran as fast as she could towards the children's playroom. "Where are you?!" When she reached the room, there were no signs of her eldest toddler in there.

"If she drew on the walls I swear to God, she really is going to get it!" She said while running on the hallways and then the stairs towards her and her husband's room. When she reached there, she saw her eldest toddler, Sarah, sitting on the floor.

"Alright, what did you do? Why is it so quiet?" She asked her daughter, panting from all the running she did. Sarah faced her.

"Nuffing." Her barely four-year old daughter said while making gestures with her hand. "We were just playing dwess up." Sarah looked at her with those puppy dog eyes of her. "Ohh!" Lea smiled and released a heavy breath. Just playing dress up. "Okay!" But when she looked at the side of the room, her smile vanished upon seeing another little girl, just a year behind her kid. Lea squinted her eyes when that little girl looked at her.

"Hi mom!" The kid with a face full of make-up and a wig on the head said to her, she swore it is her son's voice.

Lea's jaw dropped when she realized who's in front of her. She looked back at Sarah.

"Why is your brother dressed up like a girl?" Lea asked the toddler Sarah with a frown on her face. Sarah just looked at her blankly. "'Cause I wanted to make him feel pwetty!" Sarah blinked her eyes at her mother and then looked at her brother, Lea followed.

"I feel pwetty." Her son said. I swear he looked like Joker and the Hulk all at the same time. Lea badly wanted to comment that but she stopped herself or else she might have the need to bring the kids to Jollibee just to make them quiet from all the crying they'll make. And she can't afford to bring her son there dressed up like a DC and a Marvel character altogether.

She just looked at Sarah's outfit up and down, wondering how the hell did she get that from the top of her closet, but she shrugged her shoulders and looked at her son's Joker-looking face again. "Oh, okay. You look pretty." She grimaced.

Gosh! How am I going to convince him to remove all those make-up later before their father arrives!?