.ch one

SOMETIME IN THE BEGINNING OF 2015

OF 2015

  THIS WAS A SHIT SHOW, correction, it was a disastrous shit show. Here he is, on his knees with his hands behind his head as most of his team members point their guns at him. Well, everyone besides Garcia who didn't have a gun, and Spencer, who was frozen in disbelief.

  Where had everything gone wrong?

  Was it when he figured out Maria's killer escaped prison and no one told him or when he discovered that, that man was coming after Sarah? Was it when he let himself become vulnerable? So vulnerable that he let go of all of his worries and started to focus more on his family, on Sarah and Spencer.

  Or was it because of right now, with a knife impaled into The Cleanser and his blood dripping from Atlas's raised hands? Making it look like Atlas stabbed and killed the serial killer.

  Maybe it all started to go wrong when he became an agent.

SECOND HALF OF
2011

    "Here's your badge and you can pick up your issued gun later, right now it's time to meet your team," The agent led Atlas through the halls of the building, "I will tell you, though, that they are a little protective of each and don't really like others coming into their 'territory'. Although I don't think it matters with you, since you know, SSA Hotchner personally vouched for you."

  The agent tried to mumble that last part to himself but the hall was strangely empty and it was quiet. Atlas understands, many try to get in with Aaron's team but it always ends up not working for them, at least that's what he thinks.

   Aaron Hotchner, his mentor, says differently. He says that they are simply not qualified, physically and emotionally for the job, and the ones that are hired usually resign a few years into the job.

Aaron did warn me some rumors would be going around.

"SSA Hotchner simply vouched for me, he didn't hire me, Section Chief Erin Strauss did, if you have a problem with that then I suggest taking it up with her." Atlas glanced at the man while clipping his badge to his dress shirt and stepped into the room full of agents.

It wasn't exactly his first time at the offices but it will be as an employee. He had visited once when he was picking up Aaron, late at night when hardly anyone was in the office, as a favor for Haley when their car was in the shop after it had unexpectedly broken down.

The only person of importance that was there that night, was Aaron's colleague but he was busy with other things so Atlas didn't interact with him.